If you received a Reckless Driving, Speeding, DUI, or other criminal charge related to a traffic stop in Virginia then you should know that these are all serious offenses in the Commonwealth.
The attorneys of Christina Pendleton & Associates handle traffic and criminal misdemeanor matters in Central and Southwest Virginia from offices in Richmond and Wytheville, Virginia. Call our office if you need help with Speeding, Reckless Driving, DUI, Possession of Marijuana, Driving on a Suspended/Revoked License or other misdemeanor cases.
Some of the most common Reckless Driving charges in Virginia fall into 3 categories:
- If you are caught traveling at a speed in excess of 80 mph;
- If you are caught traveling 20 miles over the speed limit (ex. Clocked going 76 mph in a 55 mph zone);
- If you fail to control your vehicle, i.e., if you are involved in an accident.
How can you be found guilty of Reckless Driving or Speeding in Virginia?
- You will be found guilty if you plead guilty by letter;
- Appear in court and plead guilty.
- Prepay the fines.
A Reckless Driving conviction in Virginia can result in:
- A 12 month jail sentence, 6 month license suspension, and a fine of $2,500;
- Increased insurance premiums which can be hundreds of dollars per year for the next few years;
- Demerit points on your driving record;
- Failed criminal background checks for jobs.
The reason for hiring Christina Pendleton & Associates to handle your traffic case?
When you hire us, we can normally:
- Keep you out of jail, save your license, and reduce your fines;
- Save you money in increased insurance premiums;
- Stop you from getting additional points on your driving record by reducing/dismissing your charge;
- Prevent the charge from going on your criminal record;
- Go to court for you so you do not have to miss work and/or school.
Currently, the firm regularly handles traffic matters, DUI/DWI's, Possession of Marijunana and misdemeanor cases in the following jurisdictions:
Our Richmond office represents clients in the following jurisdictions:
- Brunswick County
- Caroline County
- Chesterfield County
- City of Colonial Heights
- Dinwiddie County
- City of Emporia
- Greensville County
- Hanover County
- Henrico County
- City of Hopewell
- City of Peterspurg
- Prince George County
- City of Richmond
- Sussex County
- Southampton County
Our Southwest office located in Wytheville, VA handles the cases from the following jurisdictions:
- Bland County
- Carroll County
- Montgomery County
- Pulaski County
- Roanoke County
- Smyth County
- Wythe County/Wytheville
Our Virginia Beach office handles the cases from the following jurisdictions:
- Virginia Beach
- Newport News
- York County
Other Types of Cases We Handle:
In addition to Reckless Driving, Speeding, and DUI cases the firm's Traffic Law practice also handles other charges that occasionally occur during traffic stops such as Driving on a Suspended License, No Driver’s License, Defective Equipment, Possession of Marijuana and/or Possession of Paraphernalia, and other misdemeanor or certain felony charges. Contact the office at 804-554-4444 to discuss the specifics of your case.