Chesterfield County Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a family member has suffered serious injuries in a Chesterfield County car accident, you are likely feeling stressed about the days ahead of you. The long road to recovery is often paved with doctor and hospital visits, missed days from work, and tense negotiations with insurance companies. Injured car accident victims do not have to bear this burden alone. At Pendleton Law, our skilled Chesterfield County car accident lawyers are ready to alleviate you from dealing with legal matters so you may remain focused on your recovery. Contact us today online or by calling (804) 250-5050 and schedule a free consultation.
Why Pendleton Law
- We have years of experience working both for and against insurance companies, giving us a serious advantage in the fight for just compensation.
- Our accident attorneys have a history of recovering significant compensation for many Chesterfield County car accident victims over the years.
- We have the resources needed to go up against big insurance companies and win.
Common Injuries from Car Accidents
Car accidents commonly cause injuries such as whiplash (soft tissue neck injury), back injuries, traumatic brain injury, chest injury, and arm and leg injuries. They all can range in severity, and it isn’t always apparent what injury caused the symptom you are experiencing. Which is why it’s recommended to see a doctor even when a symptom is minor.
What to Do After a Car Accident
The aftermath of a car accident can be stressful and chaotic, but there are important steps to take following the collision, which include:
- Stay at the scene, no matter who was at fault.
- Call 911 for emergency medical care if anyone involved in the accident is injured.
- Notify the police so they may come to the scene and file a report. Police report can be crucial when proving liability.
- Unless you must do so for safety reasons, do not move vehicles or injured persons
- Take photos & videos of the scene and damage for evidence.
- Exchange information with all drivers involved and get contact information for any accident witnesses.
- Seek medical care, no matter how minor the injury may seem, and continue treatment that is recommended by the doctor.
- Contact your insurance provider to report the accident and learn the next steps for filing a claim.
- Speak to a car accident attorney regarding your legal options for pursing compensation for your injuries.
Why You Need a Chesterfield County Car Accident Lawyer
The at-fault party’s insurance company will immediately launch an investigation into the accident in an attempt to reduce their liability. While this investigation is ongoing, your car accident lawyer will complete an independent and thorough investigation of their own. This will aid in the strong construction of your case and in determining at-fault parties. A car accident lawyer’s investigation may include:
- Recreating the scene of the accident.
- Reviewing Chesterfield County police reports and photographs.
- Interviewing and taking witness statements.
- Reviewing video footage of the accident, if available.
- Researching the history of both parties’ driving records.
- Analyzing your medical reports with experts to determine the most likely scenario of how you sustained your injury how it will affect your daily life.
This research and consultations with experts will then give your attorney the ability to determine your case’s worth and the amount of compensation you will request. Damages to which you may be entitled to include, but are not limited to current and future medical expenses, lost wages, loss of future earning capacity, property damage, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, as well as loss of intimacy and support.
After an Accident, Contact Pendleton Law
Our skilled car accident lawyers have been fighting for Chesterfield County clients and standing up to insurance companies for years. We will make sure your settlement amount reflects all your losses. Call (804) 250-5050 today and schedule your free case evaluation.