We have a need for a technical writer familiar with medical terminology. We are a personal injury law firm who represents clients who have been injured by the negligence of another person or company. This position will read through our clients medical records and using a template, create a first draft of a demand package. This is then passed on to one of our experienced attorneys for a full review and approval.
The ideal candidate will have good writing skills, good verbal communication skills, and familiarity with critically reading medical records. Must type a minimum of 65 WPM.
Full benefits. We are working remotely for COVID-19 until further notice. To apply please email a resume (which includes your typing speed) along with a recent writing sample. We’ve found college graduates who were English writing majors are a good fit. Also, someone that has experience with a plaintiff’s personal injury firm.
- Explain technical medical conditions in simple language
- Communicate with senior attorneys
- Research as necessary to understand medical conditions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in the medical field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand highly technical medical information