Petersburg Truck Accident Lawyer
Although truck accidents do not occur as commonly as accidents involving automobiles, when these massive vehicles are involved in collisions, the damage is often extensive. The severity of injuries can lead to the loss of life, in addition to the thousands of dollars in property damage. If you or a loved one has been involved in a serious truck accident due to another party’s negligence, you may have the right and will likely need to seek compensation for substantial losses. Get the help you need from a highly experienced Petersburg truck accident attorney, so you may remain focused on your recovery. Contact Pendleton Law today for a free consultation, by calling (804) 250-5050 or reaching out to us online.
Why Hire Our Petersburg Truck Accident Lawyer
- We take on truck accident cases with no expectation of payment unless we win.
- We will protect your claim against insurance companies who only want to take advantage of you.
- Our firm comes equipped with the resources needed to take on large insurance companies, and win.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
The types of truck accidents that can occur vary and also differ from the accidents that automobiles can cause. Some of the common types of truck accidents include:
When a trailer swings out to one side and collides with other vehicles, often from the tractor-trailer stopping suddenly.
Inadequately secured cargo on trucks can come loose and spill onto the roadway or other vehicles.
When truck drivers lose control of their vehicles, they can tip over onto one side or completely roll from one side to another.
Trucks have large and multiple blind spots that block a driver’s view of the road and other vehicles.
Truck Accident Statistics
The following large truck accident statistics reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation are for the year 2017:
- There were approximately 450,000 police-reported accidents involving large trucks.
- Of the police-reported truck accidents, 4,237 (1 percent) were fatal and 344,000 (23 percent) were injury crashes.
- Twenty percent of all fatal crashes were single-vehicle accidents (for example, those involving a bicyclist, pedestrian, non-motorized vehicle, etc.), as well as 15 percent of all injury crashes. Whereas, 63 percent of fatal large truck accidents involved two vehicles.
- Thirty-five percent of all fatal truck accidents and 22 percent of all injury crashes took place at night.
- Rollover accidents were responsible for four percent of all fatal crashes involving large trucks and three percent of all nonfatal crashes.
- At least one large truck was involved in 30 percent of work zone fatal crashes and 12 percent of work zone injury crashes.
- Eighty-two percent of fatalities from accidents involving large trucks were not occupants of the truck.
Why You Need a Truck Accident Lawyer in Petersburg
After a potentially life-altering truck accident, a Petersburg truck accident lawyer can help by handling your injury or wrongful death claim for you and immediately speaking with insurance company adjusters. In addition to your physical injuries, the collision may cause post-traumatic stress and an unexpected financial burden. Hiring an injury attorney to advocate on your behalf can protect you from insurers who wish to settle for as little money as possible.
However, it’s not always possible to negotiate a fair insurance claim settlement, therefore filing a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver or the trucking company may be the best course of action. If a lawsuit becomes necessary, an experienced truck accident lawyer will be familiar with what it takes to build a strong case and win in court. This includes gathering evidence, working with expert witnesses, and establishing that the truck driver is legally at fault for the accident.
Contact Us Today
Our legal team at Pendleton Law will move quickly to secure all the evidence we need to build your case. Contact us today by calling (804) 250-5050 or through our online contact form to schedule a free case consultation.