Internship Application – Click Here
The Pendleton Law Team offers three tracks for our internship program.
1. Law School student internship – providing a higher level experience to our law school students;
2. Legal internship – provides entry level experience of what it takes to be a paralegal and attorney with opportunities to shadow in court; and
3. Marketing internship – allows marketing and communication students a chance to see the behind the scenes of running a successful business.
Most of our internships are for course credit which require about 10-15 hours per week of availability for 10-15 weeks depending on your school’s course requirement. Once onboarded, the assigned practice manager will correspond with your advisor to report back hours completed and provide a final review. This allows students to obtain credits through their school’s internship program. The Pendleton Law Team currently receives interns from Virginia Commonwealth University, University of Richmond School of Law, Henrico County School System, as well as many other Law Schools, colleges, and universities.
Interns working to obtain course credit are not employees of the firm so their experiences with our program are educational and centered on benefiting the student for their future success. This includes shadowing attorneys in court, shadowing paralegals across many types of law, getting real world experience of what goes into a case, and getting cursory experience by participating in projects to help progress a case including but not limited to research, drafting documents, data entry, and light clerical work. Our interns are not client-facing but will work closely with our attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants and support staff.
Interns receiving paid compensation are considered part-time, seasonal employees. While their experiences with our program is still very much educational, the scope of experiences may be limited to the practice area they have been employed to assist.
Legal Internship – Law Students, Undergraduates & High Schoolers
Our legal interns will support attorneys and staff for Local, State and Federal Courts in addition to learning about:
- How laws are made;
- Learning what makes a case;
- Pre-Litigation process;
- Litigation process;
- Personal Injury;
- Mass Torts cases;
- and more!
Marketing Internship – For students in marketing, communications, business, and graphic design fields.
Marketing interns will gain knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Public Communications;
- Community Engagement;
- Event Planning;
- Social Media Management;
- and more!
To participate or inquire for more information please complete this form: Click Here
Some of our interns have transitioned into full-time employees. If you’re considering a career in the legal field, an internship is a great way to get your foot in the door!
Our Employee Alumni:
- Techera – VCU Graduate – Liens Specialist
- Nanjibah – VCU Graduate – Medical Records Specialist
- Gerry – William & Mary Law School – Liens Specialist
- Milton – VCU Graduate – Traffic / Criminal Defense Paralegal
- Rami – VCU Graduate – Liens Specialist