Sometimes, there is no greater feeling than the freedom of the road on a perfect sunny day while on your motorcycle. Motorcycles offer a sense of freedom that car and truck drivers are unable to grasp, even with their windows down. Motorcycles allow their drivers to be present in nature and literally feel the sun on their backs while going for a ride.
Unfortunately, the joy of driving a motorcycle is sometimes overshadowed by the ever-present risk of severe motorcycle accidents. If you or a family member have received injuries from a motorcycle accident, contact an accomplished Richmond motorcycle accident attorney as soon as you are able. Our team of personal injury lawyers in Richmond can determine if you are entitled to compensation for your injuries.
The Legal Battle of Rising Motorcycle Accidents in Virginia
In Virginia, there has been a long-running struggle with the increase in motorcycle accidents. The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles annually reports increasing cases of motorcycle riders suffering major injuries such as traumatic brain injuries or passing away as a result of careless or reckless driving.
When attempting to obtain proper compensation for their injuries, motorcycle riders frequently encounter difficulties with the insurance company. This is due to the perception that they are more prone to being in major accidents than other motorists on the road. As a result, insurance firms frequently attempt to reduce their losses by making low settlement offers.
A Richmond personal injury attorney who has handled the spikes in motorcycle crashes firsthand can assist you in the legal battle for fair compensation for your motorcycle accident injuries. Instead of negotiating your motorcycle wreck alone, allow our law firm to take on the legwork of your personal injury lawsuit.
For a Free Legal Consultation
Call The Personal Injury Lawyer Hotline.
Motor Vehicle Accident Settlement Calculator for Virginia
Having an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Richmond on your side provides the potential for a larger settlement award. Our knowledgeable personal injury lawyer can assist you in filing a successful claim to cover your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
Your attorney will provide you with an itemized breakdown of the compensatory damages that you qualify for during our initial consultation. As your case builds, additional financial compensation may be available to you, such as:
- Non-economic damages: Pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of enjoyment of life, loss of consortium
- Economic damages: Medical expenses, loss of income, permanent disability, property damage, punitive damages, future damages of both medical and employment instances
Wrongful Death Lawsuit Benefits
If your loved one experienced a fatal motorcycle crash, you may be qualified to file a wrongful death claim. Compensation for damages like emotional distress, loss of services, funeral expenses, burial costs, and more may be obtained after a fatal motorcycle accident.
To ensure that you and your family are receiving fair compensation and a variety of protections in your wrongful death case, it is advantageous to seek the legal advice of a Richmond wrongful death attorney.
Let the Heavy Hitters® Take On Your Case 804-250-5050
When You Need a Richmond Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, do not wait to contact a reputable motorcycle accident attorney in Richmond, VA. Your motorcycle crash lawyer will give your injury case personalized attention and work to secure the maximum compensation for your injuries.
It is necessary to get a motorcycle accident lawyer when:
- You’ve been seriously hurt or your property has been significantly damaged.
- It is unclear who is at fault or liable for the accident.
- The proposed payout by the insurance company is insufficient.
- A number of people are involved, including other drivers and pedestrians.
- A loved one was wrongfully killed in the accident.
- You are dealing with complicated legal problems like hit-and-run incidents or drivers who lack insurance.
- You require help negotiating with insurance carriers and managing the claims procedure.
- You want to make sure that your rights are upheld and that you have the best possible opportunity of getting just recompense for your losses.
An experienced motorcycle accident attorney provides additional protection by helping you understand your legal rights and options. They will also be able to investigate the accident, gather evidence, hire expert witnesses, and build a strong case in support of your claims. It is their job to negotiate with insurers on your behalf to get you the best possible settlement.
Central Virginia's Top Rated Personal
Injury Lawyers 804-250-5050
The Key Elements Needed to Prove Negligence in a Richmond Motorcycle Wreck
The causation and result of a motorcycle wreck are equal components needed to establish negligence in a motorcycle accident injury claim. Our legal team is tasked with demonstrating that the crash was caused by negligence. The responsible party could be another driver, a pedestrian, a truck driver, a vehicle manufacturer, a mechanic, or a government entity.
Factors in motorcycle accidents like who is liable, what caused the crash, and the extent of your injuries will determine the amount of your compensation package the most. Additional components include contributory negligence and meeting the statute of limitations deadline.
Causes of Richmond Motorcycle Accidents
Every motorist on the road has a duty of care to extend to promote safety while driving. Richmond and Central Virginia are not exempt from the rule but have seen an uptick in motorcycle crashes, commonly caused by:
- Distracted driving: Motorcyclists on the road may go unnoticed by drivers who are preoccupied with their phones, passengers, or other activities. This can result in collisions.
- Failure to yield: When merging or at junctions, drivers must cede the right-of-way to motorcycles in order to avoid major collisions.
- Lane splitting: This is the act of a motorcycle rider passing through lanes of stopped or moving traffic. If cars are not aware of or unprepared for a motorcycle to pass between them, it can be dangerous.
- Speeding: Driving too fast makes it harder for motorcycle riders to react to rapid changes in traffic or barriers, which raises the possibility of accidents.
- Driving under the influence: Driving while inebriated or high greatly decreases judgment, coordination, and response time, making it risky for motorcycle riders sharing the road.
- Unsafe lane changes: Motorcyclists in adjacent lanes may be struck by drivers who fail to check their blind areas or indicate clearly while changing lanes.
- Left-turn accidents: Many collisions happen when human error occurs and a car turning left misses a motorcyclist coming up straight or passing another car.
- Road risks: Motorcycles can be seriously endangered by potholes, debris, uneven pavement, and other road hazards, which can result in loss of control and accidents.
- Inexperienced motorist: Motorcyclists with insufficient training or experience may be more vulnerable to collisions because they may not have honed the essential abilities to manage various road conditions.
- Vehicle doors: Opening a car door without first looking out for approaching motorcyclists might result in an accident known as “dooring.”
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
The lack of protection for motorcyclists makes them susceptible to devastating injuries when collisions occur. Injuries may include:
- Head and traumatic brain injuries: Personal injury victims who hit their heads or are thrown from the bike can suffer from concussions, traumatic brain injuries, and skull fractures.
- Spinal cord injuries: These can range from bruising to fracture and can result in severe
- Road rash: Cuts and scrapes brought on by slipping across the road’s surface. From moderate to severe, road rash may necessitate medical attention and skin grafts.
- Broken bones and fractures: Both are common outcomes of motorcycle accidents, especially when the limbs, wrists, hands, and collarbones are involved. Physical therapy, surgery, or immobilization may all be necessary for the rehabilitation of these wounds.
- Internal injuries: When a motorcycle crash occurs, the force of the contact might result in internal injuries such as injury to organs, internal bleeding, or punctured lungs. Identification and treatment of these injuries depend on prompt medical care.
- Emotional trauma: Mental health trauma, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, or depression, can also result from motorcycle accidents. It may be required for people to receive therapy and psychological assistance from a health professional to deal with the emotional fallout from an accident.
Let Us Be The Heavy Hitters® For Your Case Speak To An Attorney Now
Choose an Experienced Richmond Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Do not hesitate to get in touch with the law office of Christina Pendleton & Associates if you or a loved one have suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident. Our attorneys have years of legal expertise addressing motorcycle accident-related personal injury cases. Contact us to get started today!
If expenses are a concern, our legal practice offers a free case review session that is at no risk to you. If you decide to retain our Richmond motorcycle collision attorneys, your case will be billed on a contingency fee scale to ensure that you receive a favorable outcome.
Don’t suffer catastrophic injuries in silence; let the Heavy Hitters® be your voice to get you the fair settlement you deserve.
The Pendleton Law Team Is Here For You 804-250-5050