Sometimes, there is no greater feeling than the freedom of the road on a perfect sunny day while on your motorcycle. Motorcycles offer a thrilling experience that car and truck drivers are unable to grasp, even with their windows down. However, they also have a greater risk of harm, and our Richmond motorcycle lawyers are here to protect your rights as an injury victim.
If you or a family member have received injuries from a motorcycle accident, the Pendleton Law Team has Richmond personal injury lawyers readily available to help you navigate a personal injury claim. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, loss of income, personal property, and more.
The Legal Battle of Rising Motorcycle Accidents in Virginia
In Virginia, there has been a long-running struggle with the increase in motorcycle accidents. The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles annually reports increasing cases of motorcycle riders suffering major injuries such as traumatic brain injury or passing away as a result of careless drivers or reckless driving.
When attempting to obtain proper compensation for their injuries, motorcycle riders frequently encounter difficulties from the insurance company. This is due to the perception that they are more prone to being in major accidents than other motorists on the road. As a result, insurance firms frequently attempt to reduce their losses by making low settlement offers.
A Richmond attorney who has handled the spikes in motorcycle crashes firsthand can assist you in the legal battle for fair compensation for your motorcycle accident injuries. Instead of negotiating your motorcycle wreck alone, allow our law firm to take on the legwork of your personal injury lawsuit.
For a Free Legal Consultation
Call The Personal Injury Lawyer Hotline.
Motor Vehicle Accident Settlement Calculator for Virginia
Having an experienced Richmond motorcycle accident attorney on your side provides the potential for a larger settlement award. Our knowledgeable personal injury lawyer can assist you in filing a successful personal injury claim to cover your medical treatment, lost wages, and other damages.
Your motorcycle crash lawyer will provide you with an itemized breakdown of the compensatory damages that you qualify for during our initial consultation. As your case builds, additional financial compensation may be available to you, such as:
- Non-economic damages: Pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of enjoyment of life, loss of consortium
- Economic damages: Medical expenses, loss of income, permanent disability, property damage, punitive damages, and future damages of both medical and employment instances
Motorcycle claim settlement payouts are also impacted by the fault party’s insurance coverage policy, negligence laws like the contributory negligence rule, and if it was a severe accident. An experienced attorney will estimate how much your accident is worth once the claims process begins.
Wrongful Death Lawsuit Benefits
If your loved one experienced a fatal motorcycle crash, you may be qualified to file a wrongful death claim. Compensation for damages like emotional distress, loss of services, funeral expenses, burial costs, loss of companionship, and more may be awarded to surviving loved ones after a motorcycle accident fatality.
It is advantageous to seek the legal advice of a Richmond wrongful death attorney to ensure that you and your family are receiving fair compensation and a variety of protections in your wrongful death case.
Let the Heavy Hitters® Take On Your Case 804-250-5050
When You Need a Richmond Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycle accident victims should contact an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Richmond immediately after their wreck. A personal injury lawyer will give your motorcycle accident claim personalized attention and work to secure the maximum compensation for your injuries.
It is necessary to get a motorcycle accident lawyer when:
- You’ve been seriously hurt, or your property has been significantly damaged.
- It is unclear who is at fault or liable for the accident.
- The proposed payout by the insurance company is insufficient.
- A number of people are involved, including other drivers and pedestrians.
- A loved one was wrongfully killed in the accident.
- You are dealing with complicated legal problems like hit-and-run incidents or drivers who lack insurance.
- You require help negotiating with insurance carriers and managing the claims procedure.
- You want to make sure that your rights are upheld and that you have the best possible opportunity of getting just compensation for your losses.
An experienced Richmond motorcycle accident attorney provides additional protection by helping you understand your legal rights and options. Your lawyer will also be able to investigate the accident, gather evidence, hire expert witnesses, and build a strong case in support of your claims.
In addition, they will be able to negotiate with insurance adjusters on your behalf to get you the best possible settlement.
Central Virginia's Top Rated Personal
Injury Lawyers 804-250-5050
The Key Elements Needed to Prove Negligence in a Richmond Motorcycle Wreck
The causation and result of a motorcycle wreck are equal components needed to establish negligence in a motorcycle accident injury claim. To do this, our legal team must demonstrate that another motorist’s reckless behavior caused the crash. The responsible parties could be another driver, pedestrian, truck driver, vehicle manufacturer, mechanic, or a government entity.
Factors in motorcycle accidents, like who is liable, what caused the crash, and the extent of your injuries, will determine the amount of your compensation package the most. Additional components include contributory negligence and meeting the statute of limitations deadline.
Causes of Richmond Motorcycle Accidents
Every motorist on the road has a duty of care to promote safety while driving. Richmond and Central Virginia are not exempt from the rule but have seen an uptick in motorcycle crashes, commonly caused by:
- Distracted driving: Motorcycle drivers on the road may go unnoticed by distracted drivers who are preoccupied with their phones, passengers, or other activities. This can result in collisions.
- Failure to yield: When merging or at junctions, drivers must cede the right-of-way to motorcycles in order to avoid major collisions.
- Lane splitting: This is the act of a motorcycle rider passing through lanes of stopped or moving traffic. If passing in a blind spot or cars are unprepared for a motorbike to pass between them, it can be dangerous.
- Speeding: Driving too fast makes it harder for motorcycle riders to react to rapid changes in traffic or barriers, which raises the possibility of accidents.
- Driving under the influence: Driving while drunk or high greatly decreases judgment, coordination, and response time, making it risky for motorcycle riders sharing the road.
- Unsafe lane changes: Motorcyclists in adjacent lanes may be struck by negligent drivers who fail to check their blind areas or indicate clearly while changing lanes.
- Left-turn accidents: Many collisions happen when human error occurs, and a car turning left misses a motorcyclist coming up straight or passing another car.
- Road risks: Motorcycles can be seriously endangered by potholes, debris, uneven pavement, and other road hazards, which can result in loss of control and accidents.
- Inexperienced motorist: Motorcyclists with insufficient training or experience may be more vulnerable to collisions because they may not have honed the essential abilities to manage various road conditions.
- Vehicle doors: Opening a car door without first looking out for approaching motorcyclists might result in an accident known as “dooring.”
No matter what type of motorcycle accident you’ve been involved in, a qualified motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm can create a compelling case in pursuit of a fair settlement. Your claim for compensation will be handled by a legal professional that specializes in negligence lawsuits.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
The lack of protection for motorcyclists makes them susceptible to severe injuries when collisions occur. Common injuries may include:
- Head and traumatic brain injuries: Personal injury victims who hit their heads or are thrown from the bike can suffer from concussions, traumatic brain injuries, and skull fractures.
- Spinal cord injuries: These can range from bruising to fracture and can result in severe
- Road rash: Cuts and scrapes brought on by slipping across the road’s surface. From moderate to severe, road rash may necessitate medical attention and skin grafts.
- Broken bones: Broken bones and fractures are common outcomes of motorcycle accidents, especially when the limbs, wrists, hands, and collarbones are involved. Physical therapy, surgery, or immobilization may all be necessary for the rehabilitation of these wounds.
- Internal injuries: When a motorcycle crash occurs, the force of the contact might result in internal injuries such as injury to organs, internal bleeding, or punctured lungs. Identification and treatment of these injuries depend on prompt medical care.
- Emotional trauma: Mental health trauma, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, or depression, can also result from motorcycle accidents. It may be required for people to receive therapy and psychological assistance from a health professional to deal with the emotional fallout from an accident.
Let Us Be The Heavy Hitters® For Your Case Speak To An Attorney Now
Choose an Experienced Richmond Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Do not hesitate to get in touch with the law office of Christina Pendleton & Associates if you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident. Our attorneys have years of legal expertise addressing motorcycle accident-related personal injury cases. Contact us to get started today!
If expenses are a concern, our legal practice offers a free case review session that is of no risk to you. If you decide to retain our Richmond motorcycle collision attorneys, your case will be billed on a contingency fee scale to ensure that you receive a favorable outcome. Don’t suffer catastrophic injuries in silence; let the Heavy Hitters® be your voice to get you the compensation you deserve.
The Pendleton Law Team Is Here For You 804-250-5050