When individuals and corporate entities behave irresponsibly, people can suffer life-altering injuries. Fortunately, the law protects personal injury victims and allows them to take action against negligent and ill-intentioned parties.
If you’ve sustained an injury in a car accident, from a defective product, or even during a medical procedure, you have the right to recover compensation. The amount of money you receive will depend on your losses and the attorney you hire. If you want to get the highest payment possible, contact a Charlottesville personal injury attorney from Pendleton Law.
Qualifying for Compensation in a Charlottesville Personal Injury Claim
If you were harmed in an incident caused by the reckless or negligent behavior of another party, you may be eligible to file a claim for damages. But we recommend that you talk to a personal injury attorney in Charlottesville to know for sure. They’ll be able to investigate your accident, evaluate the damage done, and determine if you qualify for compensation.
If they determine that you’re entitled to damages, they’ll need to prove that the offending party caused the accident to get the payment you deserve. In order to do this they’ll collect and analyze evidence relevant to your accident. Photos of the accident scene, police and accident reports, witness testimony, and expert opinions can all be used to bolster your claim.
For a Free Legal Consultation
Call The Personal Injury Lawyer Hotline.
Types of Personal Injury Cases Our Attorneys Can Help You With
The attorneys at Pendleton Law have successfully litigated claims for over 80,000 clients. They’ve seen dozens of different personal injury accidents and understand the complexities of each type of case. No matter who or what caused your accident, our personal injury lawyers will be able to get you the compensation you need to cover your losses.
Here are some of the personal injury accidents they’ll be able to help you with in Charlottesville:
- Car accidents
- Slip and falls
- Medical malpractice
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Wrongful death
- Dog bites
If you’ve been injured in one of the above-mentioned accidents, you’ll want to contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. They’ll use their legal knowledge and experience to craft a strong case for your compensation.
Let the Heavy Hitters® Take On Your Case 804-250-5050
Compensation You Could Receive From a Charlottesville Personal Injury Claim
A successful personal injury claim is one that delivers the compensation you need to cover your injury-related expenses. Payment for the losses you’ve been saddled with can be divided into two different categories: economic damages and non-economic damages.
A personal injury attorney in Charlottesville will request economic damages to cover any financial losses you’ve suffered as a result of your injuries. The details of your case will dictate whether you qualify for the following economic damages:
- Medical bills. If your injury has required surgery, prescription medication, assistive devices, or any other type of medical procedure you might be wondering how you’ll pay for your treatment. Don’t worry! These damages can cover any current or future medical attention you need to recover from your injury.
- Lost income. Most injuries aren’t resolved overnight, so you’ll probably have to stay home from work for a while to recuperate. If that’s the case, these damages can make up for lost wages.
- Reduced earning capacity. Disabilities and chronic conditions sustained in an accident can prevent you from working in your profession. If your injuries force you to work for a lower wage, these damages can cover the difference.
While injuries and disabilities can take a massive toll on a victim’s finances, they can also have an equally devastating impact on their mental health and overall wellbeing. For losses that are harder to quantify, a lawyer can secure the following non-economic damages:
- Pain and suffering. Experiencing excessive pain after an accident can be extremely upsetting. If your injuries have caused you to suffer, these damages can be added to your claim.
- Mental distress. Anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) are common mental health outcomes for car accident survivors. If you’re dealing with overwhelming feelings in the wake of an accident, these damages can help you get the relief you need.
- Diminished quality of life. Serious injuries can make life seem dull and unfulfilling. If your injuries have caused you to experience a decrease in your quality of life, you deserve to receive compensation.
Central Virginia's Top Rated Personal
Injury Lawyers 804-250-5050
Filing Deadline for Personal Injury Claims in Virginia
If you’re injured in an accident caused by another party, taking legal action sooner rather than later will ensure that you get the compensation you’re entitled to. That’s because there’s a statute of limitations that governs personal injury claims in Charlottesville.
A statute of limitations is basically a legal deadline that you’ll need to file your claim before. If you wait too long to take legal action and your deadline passes, you could risk having your case thrown out.
According to Code of Virginia § 8.01-243, personal injury claims must be filed within two years of the date of the accident. If you believe that you’ve missed your deadline, we still recommend that you talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer. They can determine if your unique case is an exception to the law.
Let Us Be The Heavy Hitters® For Your Case Speak To An Attorney Now
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney in Charlottesville for No-Cost Representation
If you need help filing a claim for an injury caused by the negligence of another party, you’ll want to contact the team at Pendleton Law as soon as possible. Our personal injury attorneys in Charlottesville make enlisting expert legal counsel easy and affordable. They operate on a contingency-fee basis. Which means you won’t have to pay out-of-pocket for their services.
If you win your case, your lawyer will take a portion of your settlement or court awarded compensation. Remember, there are legal deadlines that have to be met if you want to secure damages for your injury. Contact our attorneys today to set up a free consultation. Once you’ve spoken to one of our lawyers, you’ll be well on your way to the payment you deserve.
The Pendleton Law Team Is Here For You 804-250-5050