Virginia has increased the state’s budget for bicycle paths and created new legislation to protect cyclists from the dangers of vehicle collisions. However, communities like Charlottesville, Virginia, continue to have bicycle accidents. The Pendleton Law Team is Heavy Hitters® for cycling accident victims because there is no shortage of laws or access to the roads.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a bicycle accident in central Virginia, our Charlottesville bicycle accident attorneys are ready to go to trial. You may be eligible for compensation for your losses, including medical care, missed work, and more.
We can assist you with navigating your personal injury claim if you are unsure of what to do following a bicycle accident and need advice on what to say to insurers. In a free consultation, we can discuss who is responsible for your medical bills and how to obtain the highest possible settlement amount for your bicycle accident injuries. Read on to learn more.
Boost Your Settlement Offer in Five Steps
Physical and emotional recovery after a bicycle accident may be the hardest part that you experience. However, maximizing your financial recovery can be done in five simple steps:
- See a doctor quickly. Most people go home and rest following an accident but this does two things: leaves symptomless injuries undiagnosed and allows the insurance company to minimize your pain. Seeing a medical expert immediately is crucial because it allows them to document details and verifies that your injuries are a result of an accident.
- Snap photos or videos of the accident scene. Obtaining photos after an accident is also dual-purpose. First, photos and video are a great way to preserve evidence found on the accident scene. Secondly, they allow us to identify who is at-fault in a bike crash and if there are multiple parties responsible.
- Gather contact information of witnesses. Witness testimonies can offer an alternative perspective that may increase the value of your claim. For instance, if a bystander witnessed a driver texting before hitting you, the extent of negligence plays a factor in deciding your settlement amount.
- Speak to the authorities. Always file a police report if you experience damages or injuries to any degree. A police report is a viable piece of evidence because the police will notate anything they suspect to be foul play or notate if the motorist received a ticket. It will be used as the official record in the accident investigation.
- Consult with a qualified attorney. Not all personal injury lawyers in Charlottesville, VA, have experience with bike accidents. It is pertinent to hire a legal professional that has experience representing cases like yours and knows what to look for to improve your settlement offer.
For a Free Legal Consultation
Call The Personal Injury Lawyer Hotline.
The Heavy Hitters® Maximum Compensation Guarantee
Our Charlottesville bicycle accident lawyers promise to fight for every dollar you are entitled to if you are eligible for compensation. To protect your pockets, our team of Heavy Hitters® never leaves money on the table.
Instead, we enlist the aid of medical professionals, accident reconstructionists, and vocational experts. We take great measures to help clients like you recover the full scope of compensatory damages. Your settlement may include monetary compensation for the following:
- Property loss
- Hospital bills
- Prescription costs
- Co-pays for doctor’s visit
- Lost wages
- Future income reimbursement
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional distress
This list is not exhaustive and may be subject to additional recoverable benefits. You can speak with our attorneys about any additional expenses you may have incurred as a result of the biking accident. A demand letter will be sent to the insurance company, highlighting proof of costs for payment.
Let the Heavy Hitters® Take On Your Case 804-250-5050
Uncovering Liability For Your Bicycle Accident
Uncovering responsibility after your bike crash allows us to uncover additional funds that may be available to you. The initial investigation determines who was at fault and to what extent in order to approve the accident claim and calculate damages accordingly. Negligence is established through four elements:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
Our cyclist injury lawyers will take on this legal process while you focus on adjusting to any changes that this accident has caused in your life. Motorists have an obligation to drive with a level of safety and awareness that prevents injuries. If they were distracted, fatigued, or driving impaired, that is both a breach of duty and a cause. Your medical records can prove the damages.
Central Virginia's Top Rated Personal
Injury Lawyers 804-250-5050
Virginia Legislation That Helps Cyclists Injury Claims
Virginia’s cities are always attempting to strengthen the laws put in place to safeguard their citizens. State Governor Ralph Northam implemented the Bicyclist Safety Act as of March 2021. This enhanced regulation permits:
- Vehicles to switch lanes when passing cyclists ( allowing at least three feet of space in between)
- Cyclists to ride two in a lane, in abreast formation at all times
- A designated work group to assess conflicts or concerns related to allowing bicyclists to treat stop signs as yield signs
- The heads of the House and Senate transportation committees can be contacted with any road safety concerns
As cyclist regulations continue to change to protect cyclists and prevent further injuries or fatalities, it becomes necessary to retain a cyclist accident lawyer for your Charlottesville case. We can assist in explaining regulations, conducting an investigation, negotiating your settlement offer, and much more.
Let Us Be The Heavy Hitters® For Your Case Speak To An Attorney Now
Do You Need To Hire a Charlottesville Bicycle Accident Lawyer?
If you or someone that you know has been injured in a Charlottesville bicycle accident, lawyers on the Pendleton Law Team are available to discuss the details of your injury case. You have cyclist rights that will strengthen the facts of your claim and a legal team that wants you to receive the compensation that you deserve. Contact us when you are ready for help.
Our top priority is making ourselves available to accident victims in Virginia who require cost-efficient but skilled legal assistance; thus, we provide a free consultation and never demand payment upfront. Our law office runs on a contingency fee basis, so you won’t be charged for legal services until your case is won. Schedule your free consultation today!
The Pendleton Law Team Is Here For You 804-250-5050