As gas prices go up, cycling becomes more attractive to commuters. The number of bikes on the road will go up, but riders must know what to do if they get into an accident. They need to have a Petersburg bicycle accident lawyer they can call from the Pendleton Law Team.
Our personal injury attorney in Petersburg helps victims of bicycle accidents seek compensation from negligent drivers. You can get the money to pay your medical bills and recover your lost wages while you heal. Without a lawyer on your side, you’re at the mercy of the insurance companies.
You Must Follow All Bicycle Safety Rules or Lose Compensation
Virginia is a contributory negligence state, so if any part of the fault for your injuries falls on you, then you cannot recover compensation through the court. The best way to protect yourself from this rule as a rider is to follow all safety rules and bike laws when riding.
Helmets aren’t required for adult riders in Virginia, but an insurance company could try to say that you were negligent by not wearing one if you got a head injury from a bicycle accident. If you don’t have a bicycle accident attorney to fight that claim, you could lose money.
Staying in line with the road rules will protect you from accidents and from losing compensation. If you are going to ride, know what they are.
For a Free Legal Consultation
Call The Personal Injury Lawyer Hotline.
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident
Here are the steps we recommend taking after you’ve had a bicycle accident in Petersburg:
- Call the police and EMS for treatment and to give a report. If you are taken straight to the hospital, the police may come to you later to give a statement.
- If you can, take photos of the scene, your injuries, and the vehicles involved. Also, exchange insurance and contact information with the other parties.
- Stay at the scene until the police release you and ask for a case number so you can get a copy of the report.
- See a doctor as soon as possible for a checkup, even if you feel okay at the scene. Adrenaline can hide injuries for days.
- If your doctor says you’re injured, a bicycle accident attorney in Petersburg can give you further advice before speaking to the other party’s insurance company.
If you were admitted to the hospital for treatment, then you do not need to see your own doctor. Keep a record of all medical expenses, though, so that when you connect with one of our Petersburg bicycle accident lawyers, we can accurately assess how much your bike accident settlement offer should be.
Let the Heavy Hitters® Take On Your Case 804-250-5050
Reasons Bicycle Accident Victims Win Compensation
Your bicycle accident will have consequences for your health, your family, and your work. You wouldn’t have to face them if someone else was paying attention to the road. The law lets you seek compensation for those consequences, such as:
- Medical bills
- Prescription drugs
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Diminished quality of life
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages (in rare instances)
Bicycle riders have little protection compared to drivers. Helmets and pads may keep the worst from happening, but you can still face severe injuries. Let our Petersburg personal injury lawyers fight on your behalf to make sure you get paid for what happened to you.
Central Virginia's Top Rated Personal
Injury Lawyers 804-250-5050
How Long do I Have to File Against the At-Fault Driver?
If you have to go to the hospital and rehab for a long time because of your injuries, don’t wait until you’re fully healed to call us. You have two years from the date of your injury to start a lawsuit to reclaim your financial losses.
The sooner you speak to a lawyer with bicycle accident experience, the sooner they can start building a case. You do not need to know the full value of your damages before you call us. We will do that investigation for you.
If you wait beyond the two-year statute of limitations, you lose your right to have your day in civil court. As soon as a doctor has diagnosed you with an injury, a personal injury law firm can help you pursue legal action.
Let Us Be The Heavy Hitters® For Your Case Speak To An Attorney Now
The Legal Team that Fights for Maximum Compensation After a Devastating Bike Crash
After a bicycle crash, expenses like medical care, physical therapy, and dealing with a traumatic brain injury or spinal cord damage quickly add up. You shouldn’t have to drain your savings to get treatment. Although the average bike crash settlement varies based on injury, an experienced bike accident lawyer can improve your settlement offer.
Our dedicated bike accident lawyers in Petersburg will build the strongest case so you can get maximum compensation, covering all costs related to internal injuries, chronic pain, and more.
Need Bike Accident Claim Experts to Help You Recover Damages?
Don’t go it alone against insurance companies eager to deny your claim. With our attorneys’ help, we’ll make them pay what you deserve after a devastating bicycle accident. Our legal team will handle every aspect of the bike accident claim process for you so you can focus on healing, both physically and financially.
We employ the following experts to help maximize your claim for damages:
- Accident reconstruction experts: They analyze the accident scene and vehicles to piece together how the crash occurred and determine liability. Their testimony is crucial for proving fault.
- Medical experts: These experts provide opinions on the extent of injuries, prognosis, and necessity of treatment to substantiate damages claims. This includes doctors, surgeons, rehab specialists, etc.
- Vocational experts: Assess how injuries may impact earning capacity long-term. Their analysis helps calculate and prove future wage losses.
- Economists: Calculate the present cash value of future losses and project values like lifetime earnings. Critical for maximizing compensation.
- Accountants: Review financial records such as tax returns to quantify past and projected future economic damages precisely.
- Actuaries: Use statistics and data to calculate probabilities, like a claimant’s life expectancy. This helps determine the scope of future damages.
- Investigators: Uncover additional evidence through interviews, researching records, taking photos, etc. Can find liability proof and validate injury claims.
The damages you can recover after a bicycle accident also depend on the severity of the crash and its effect on your daily life. Let our experienced Petersburg bicycle accident law firm make sure that all of your losses are accounted for.
Get Your Bicycle Accident Claim Started
Act now to get your bicycle accident case started by calling the Pendleton Law Team or emailing us through our website. We’ll schedule a free consultation and case evaluation with you. If you choose to use our services, our Heavy Hitters will work to win you the fair compensation you rightfully deserve.
Our firm handles personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. Unless you win compensation, you do not have to pay for our services.
The Pendleton Law Team Is Here For You 804-250-5050