Chesterfield Personal Injury Lawyer
In Virginia, residents can take legal action against parties who cause them injuries and damages. If another person, business, or entity caused you pain or financial losses, a skilled personal injury lawyer in Chesterfield can help you achieve a fair settlement.
The injury attorneys at Christina Pendleton & Associates are knowledgeable, trustworthy, and ready to take on your accident claim. We have years of experience fighting for justice on behalf of our clients, and we are prepared to do the same for you.
When to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in Chesterfield?
Personal injury lawyers are civil litigators who represent victims suffering from physical, financial, and emotional trauma. We handle claims on behalf of individuals who sustained injuries due to another party’s negligence.
You should consider partnering with a personal injury attorney if you maintained damages due to a:
- Motor vehicle collision
- Motorcycle crash
- Pedestrian or bicycle accident
- Workplace incident
- Dog bite
- Slip and fall
- Defective part or product
- Negligent nursing home
- Reckless medical professional (known as medical malpractice)
Consult with your lawyer if you are unsure if your accident qualifies as a personal injury claim. At Christina Pendleton & Associates, our Chesterfield personal injury lawyers provide free consultations to review your claim and help you understand your legal options.
Compensation You Can Seek in a Personal Injury Claim
If someone else’s negligent behaviors contributed to your injuries, you deserve fair compensation. In a personal injury suit, our legal experts demand compensatory damages for:
- Medical expenses: Reimbursement for all medical costs incurred while treating your accident injuries.
- Ongoing care costs: Compensation for future medical expenses you will incur for healthcare supplies, rehabilitation, and medications due to your accident injuries.
- Pain and suffering: Payment for physical and emotional pain you endured due to your accident.
- Lost wages: Reimbursement for wages, tips, and benefits you did not receive while healing from your injuries.
- Reduced earning capacity: Financial compensation to make up for your injuries preventing you from performing your job.
- Loss of consortium: Reimbursement for lost benefits of a family relationship due to your injuries.
- Punitive damages: Financial restitution if the liable party caused the accident intentionally.
Whether you sustained traumatic brain injuries (TBI), spinal cord damage, whiplash, internal injuries, or fractures, our experienced team can make sure you receive compensation for all your economic and non-economic damages.
What Our Personal Injury Lawyers Do for Chesterfield Accident Victims?
Our Chesterfield personal injury lawyers assist clients throughout every step of the litigation process. We handle everything so our clients can focus on recovering from their accident injuries. The process starts with a free consultation, where we review the details of your accident claim.
If we believe your personal injury claim has merit, our accident injury attorneys will establish all liable parties, gather evidence to build a strong case, and negotiate a fair settlement for your damages.
Before pursuing a settlement, a personal injury lawyer must identify who caused the accident. Our lawyers demonstrate liability using four elements:
- Duty of care: The person or entity responsible for the accident possessed a duty to act in a reasonable manner.
- Breach of duty: The liable party acted in a way that breached their duty of care.
- Causation: The responsible party’s actions directly caused your injuries.
- Damages: You sustained actual damages due to your accident injuries.
An experienced injury attorney can pinpoint every party who played a role in your accident based on these factors.
Once your personal injury lawyers establish liability, they collect evidence to prove how the at-fault party caused your damages. When gathering evidence, an attorney will:
- Retain workplace incident documents or police reports outlining the accident
- Gather photos or video surveillance footage from the accident scene
- Speak with witnesses to recount what occurred during the accident
- Consult with accident reconstruction experts to create a clear understanding of how the accident happened
- Review the client’s medical injuries with healthcare professionals
Our attorneys take their time investigating every aspect of your accident. The more evidence we collect, the stronger your personal injury case and the faster you can collect a settlement.
Negotiate a Fair Settlement
Next, your legal team will investigate the total damages from the accident. We calculate all your losses and use them to determine a fair settlement. We aim to recover compensation for all your financial, physical, and emotional injuries.
If the liable party has insurance, such as workers’ compensation or automotive coverage, the insurance provider must make your settlement. The problem with dealing with insurance adjusters is that they will attempt to shift the blame or reduce your compensation. But that’s where a Chesterfield personal injury attorney can help.
Our dedicated team knows how insurance companies operate, and we aren’t afraid to put up a fight. We know how much of a settlement your injuries merit, and we make sure that’s what you receive.
Represent You During Trial
If the liable insurance provider refuses to provide the compensation you deserve, a personal injury lawyer will take your claim to court. In most cases, we can get the liable party to settle without a trial. But if necessary, we will represent your case in a Chesterfield court.
Pursuing Damages in a Fatal Personal Injury Case
In the event of a fatal accident, you can pursue personal injury damages through a wrongful death claim. This type of claim allows family members of a deceased to collect compensation for damages incurred by the loss of life.
A personal injury lawyer can help you recover wrongful death damages that include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of financial income and benefits
Handling legal matters while also grieving the loss of a family member is difficult. But by partnering with a personal injury lawyer, the professionals can handle your civil litigation while you recover from your trauma.
Review Your Case With a Chesterfield Personal Injury Lawyer
The Chesterfield personal injury attorneys at Christina Pendleton & Associates are ready to help you take on liable parties and insurance providers. We are well-versed in Virginia civil laws, and we are dedicated to acquiring maximum compensation for our clients. Contact our Chesterfield team now to schedule your free case review.