Request Your Free Consultation

personal injury hotline


Paraplegia refers to permanent paralysis of the legs and lower half of the body, often from a spinal cord injury. Spinal cord injuries are some of the most serious harms the body can withstand. If you survived your initial injury and are paraplegic, you need the means to move on with strength, dignity, and hope for the future. The compensation award you receive from a spinal cord injury lawsuit can help provide exactly that.

If you’ve suffered a permanent spinal cord injury and have paraplegia, a compassionate Richmond paraplegia attorney at Pendleton Law is here for you. We’ve worked with many clients with serious, permanent, and lifelong injuries throughout Virginia. We’ve witnessed firsthand the impact a permanent disability can have on survivors. Our Richmond personal injury lawyers are passionate about protecting the rights of people with paraplegia and can fight for full compensation during insurance claims and personal injury trials. Call our office at (804) 554-4444 to find out if you have a case.

What Causes Paraplegia?

Paraplegia results from damage or injury to the lower parts of the spine (the thoracic, lumbar, or sacral spine). Spinal cord injuries to these vertebrae can interrupt the signals between the body and the brain, causing a loss of sensation and movement. Paraplegia is typically permanent, although treatments, therapy, and rehabilitation may improve the patient’s prognosis and range of ability. Any accident that injures the spinal cord can cause paraplegia, but the most common are as follows:

  • Motor vehicle accidents
  • Falls
  • Acts of violence
  • Recreational sports accidents

A gunshot wound, diving into a shallow pool, a serious infection, and a traumatic brain injury could all cause permanent paraplegia. No matter what the cause of your injury, however, know that you’re not alone. Thousands of others are also living with spinal cord injuries and have found a bit of peace of mind in taking legal action against the parties responsible. A Richmond spinal cord injury attorney at Pendleton Law is here to help you fight for the best possible compensation award in the face of someone else’s negligence.

For a Free Legal Consultation
Call The Personal Injury Lawyer Hotline.

How to Achieve Maximum Compensation

Most spinal cord injuries occur because of someone else’s negligence. A drunk driver, negligent property owner, or careless employer may be legally responsible. Money isn’t everything when living with a permanent injury, but it can certainly help improve your day-to-day life. Having the means to pay for ongoing medical treatment and physical therapy, as well as to make life easier with home and vehicle modifications to adapt to your disability, can make all the difference in your quality of life. It is our goal to help people living with paraplegia to make the most out of their situations through tailored legal services.

The Richmond paraplegia attorney you choose to represent your spinal cord injury lawsuit can make all the difference in the outcome of your case. Only partner with a firm that makes you feel confident in its capabilities. Look for signs that the firm can take on your case efficiently and effectively, with a history of successful insurance claim negotiations for other clients with permanent injuries. You need a lawyer who isn’t afraid to take your case to trial if that’s what it takes to secure maximum financial compensation.

Let the Heavy Hitters® Take On Your Case 804-250-5050

Seek Justice and Hire a Richmond Paraplegia Lawyer Today

Clients with paraplegia in Richmond, VA depends on Pendleton Law for legal counsel they can trust. We have the years of legal expertise, trial experience, and compassionate client care you seek. Everything we do, we do with our clients’ best interests in mind. Learn as much as you can about your situation and potential legal case during a free consultation with a Richmond personal injury lawyer today. Schedule your case evaluation today.

The Pendleton Law Team Is Here For You 804-250-5050