We are seeking a full time Bookkeeper for the Pendleton Law Team which is conveniently located near Willow Lawn on Staples Mill road in Richmond, VA. The Bookkeeper is a key member of the administration staff working in close proximity with the fractional CFO and reporting to the owner. Come grow with us! Learn more at www.virginiasinjurylawyers.com.
Summary of Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for Accounts Payable (AP) by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable (AR) by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- General ledger responsibilities with oversight by CFO
- Preliminary financial reporting duties by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information
- Examine payments received and record deposits
- Record keeping and management
- Data entry of bi-weekly payroll for 30+ associate team
- Other special projects and tasks as assigned
Key Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum three years of successful bookkeeping experience; some related college course work a plus
- Solid knowledge of QuickBooks both desktop and online
- Experience with MS office suite especially Excel; G-Suite
- Proficient in Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR)
- Experience in law office / case management software (FileVine and SmartAdvocate) and escrow accounts highly desirable
- Exposure to payroll software – Dominion payroll a plus
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Effective time management, strong organizational skills and attention to detail; handles competing priorities and deadlines
- Adheres to company’s vision, core focus and values; policies and applicable laws in a fair and equitable manner
- Interacts in a professional manner with staff and vendors
- Typical full-time work schedule is Monday through Friday; 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM with minimal overtime and no travel
- Offer of employment is contingent upon successfully completing pre-employment background screening and professional references
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package including health, dental, vision, life & disability, paid time off, and 401(k) retirement with profit sharing! Professional development reimbursement. Potential flex schedule. Private office in a fast-paced environment.
Apply by sending your resume and salary requirements to hr@WarrenWhitney.com. This position will remain open until filled.
EOE M/F/D/V On behalf of its client, Warren Whitney reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.