Alexandria Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’re drowning in medical bills from an injury caused by the dangerous or careless acts of another person, you shouldn’t have to pay them yourself. In fact, you should be compensated for any medical costs, lost wages, and suffering that your injury has caused you.
Under Virginia law, you have the right to recover payment for your losses, but doing so is a whole different story. Filing a civil claim for compensation can be incredibly complex unless you have a skilled lawyer on your side. The personal injury attorneys at Pendleton Law can handle your entire claim and make sure you get the damages you’re owed.
Compensation a Personal Injury Attorney Can Secure for You
When you work with one of our personal injury lawyers, their job is to win you the damages you need to cover your injury expenses and rebuild your life. If you’re not familiar with the term “damage,” think of them as individual payments for specific losses you’ve suffered due to your injury.
Once we’ve built your case and determined which damages you’re eligible for, we go to the guilty party’s insurance company and negotiate a settlement that includes all the damages you need to recover fully. Depending on the financial, physical, and emotional impacts your injury has had on you, you may be entitled to one or more of the following damages:
- Medical bills. Medical bills from a serious accident can be daunting, but they don’t have to be. Our attorneys will gladly negotiate a settlement to cover any procedures, assistive devices, medication, and future care your injuries require.
- Lost income. Most Americans can’t afford to take more than a week off of work to recover from an injury. Fortunately, we can win you compensation to cover the wages you missed out on during your recovery time.
- Reduced earning capacity. Some injuries can stay with people for years and even affect their ability to make a living. If your injury is preventing you from working at full capacity, we can win you payment to make up for the income you would be able to earn had your accident never occurred.
- Pain and suffering. No one deserves to suffer day after day from a serious injury. These damages can help you cope with the discomfort you’ve been forced to endure.
- Mental distress. Intense incidents like auto collisions and pedestrian accidents can leave victims with a host of psychological issues like anxiety, depression, and even PTSD. If your mental health has taken a hit in the weeks and months following your injury, these damages can help you get the counseling and clinical attention you need to feel better.
- Diminished quality of life. In some tragic scenarios, serious injuries can cause us to lose our lust for life. If you’re struggling to enjoy the hobbies and relationships that once gave your life purpose, a personal injury attorney can add these damages to your claim.
Common Personal Injury Incidents Our Lawyers Can Litigate
At Pendleton Law, we offer legal counsel and representation for a variety of personal injury incidents. If you were harmed by the negligence of another party, no matter the circumstances, we’ll be able to pursue compensation on your behalf. Here are some of the case types we handle frequently:
According to DMV statistics, Virginia saw over 100,000 automobile crashes resulting in 58,000+ injuries. If you’ve been in a road collision in Northern Virginia, chances are you’re dealing with a mild to severe injury and a mountain of medical bills.
If your accident was caused by another driver who was violating a traffic safety law when the crash occurred, we can help you recover damages. Our car accident attorneys will collect evidence like camera footage, police reports, and eye-witness information to build a case against the other driver. Once your case is concluded, you’ll receive payment for your losses.
Medical accidents like missed diagnosis, incorrect dosages, surgical errors, and birth injuries can leave victims with lasting physical and emotional problems. They can also result in a litany of medical bills for corrective treatments.
If you’ve been harmed by a negligent physician, obstetrician, nurse, or pharmacist, it’s imperative that you take legal action. If it hadn’t been for their error, you wouldn’t be dealing with severe injuries and staggering medical debt, so it’s only fair that they compensate you for your losses. Reach out to our medical malpractice lawyers to get started on your claim.
Poorly manufactured goods, dangerous drugs, and other harmful products can do a great deal of bodily and monetary damage to unsuspecting consumers. If you’ve been injured by a product malfunction or defect, our personal injury attorneys can advise you on your best course of action.
In some cases, there might be a class action suit that we can add your case to. A class action lawsuit is a form of litigation that groups a number of victims, who’ve been injured by the same product, into one court case. Our attorneys will help you determine whether joining a class action suit or pursuing an individual claim is right for your case.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Are First-Rate Negotiators
Most personal injury cases never go to court. Instead, they’re resolved via settlement negotiations with the at-fault party’s insurance company. Our attorneys have decades of experience negotiating with such companies. Over time, our team has developed a variety of tactics and strategies used to coax insurers into offering a fair payment.
If you’re pursuing legal action for injuries caused by another party, you’ll never want to speak with their insurer without a lawyer standing by. In fact, it’s best to leave all communications to your attorney. There’s always a chance that an insurance adjuster will ask leading questions in an attempt to get you to say something that can be used to discredit your case.
Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers for Affordable Representation
If you’ve been delaying legal action because you’re not sure if you can afford a lawyer, we have good news for you. Our personal injury lawyers work for a contingency fee, or portion of the money you receive from your claim. If your claim is unsuccessful, you won’t have to use your own funds to cover our services.
If your claim succeeds, we’ll take one third of your compensation. Don’t worry, there will be more than enough leftover for you to cover all your accident related expenses. After all, our main goal is to help you recover from your losses, not make a profit on your suffering. Contact Pendleton Law today for the compassionate and accessible legal assistance you deserve.