The bus accident attorneys of the Pendleton Law Team have represented countless bus accident victims in York, Virginia, to receive lucrative settlements for injuries and losses. We empathize with the physical, emotional, and financial toll that this accident may have taken on your life and are here to help with a robust range of legal services.
If you have been injured in a York bus accident that was not your fault, discuss your case with our lawyers to find out if you qualify for a settlement and to estimate your bus accident’s case value. Our team of “Heavy Hitters®” will fight to pursue medical costs, lost wages, and more.
By choosing to work with us, you will receive the attention that you deserve to feel supported and confident throughout your legal dispute. We will handle every aspect of your case, which you can find more information about below. Best of all, our consultation is free and without any obligation attached. Explore your legal alternatives with a skilled Virginia personal injury lawyer.
Our Firm’s Commitment to You
Our firm is dedicated to providing highly-rated legal counsel for your Virginia personal injury case. The founding attorneys have obtained millions of dollars in settlements on behalf of personal injury victims throughout Virginia. The legal system was designed to protect you, and our bus accident legal team is familiar with the following:
- Bus operation standards: The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration created the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs), which specify requirements for the operation of buses and other commercial motor vehicles. They cover topics like driver qualifications, service hours, and vehicle upkeep.
- Virginia state laws: Each state has its own rules governing the operation of buses, including requirements for driver licensing, vehicle registration, and insurance.
- Municipal ordinances: Local governments may have their own bus-related laws, including restrictions on parking, speed limits, and other aspects of using public roads and streets.
- Criteria for safety: Federal and state organizations like the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Department of Transportation (DOT) have set specific safety criteria that buses must adhere to.
- Contractual obligations: Bus companies may enter into agreements with other firms or governmental bodies that specify particular conditions for their operations, such as liability limitations and safety requirements.
Our bus accident attorneys are knowledgeable about these laws and will apply them to your particular case. To properly represent you, we make it a standard to stay up-to-date on policy changes and how they will affect you.
For a Free Legal Consultation
Call The Personal Injury Lawyer Hotline.
How Damages Are Calculated in York Bus Accident Cases
Since each injury case has different elements in its details, there is no way to project the worth of your bus accident case before meeting with you. However, our bus accident lawyers know the York criteria for personal injury cases and can share some of the different factors that go into calculating your potential settlement value.
The following damages may be compensated in your bus accident claim:
- Doctor visits
- Hospitalization bills
- Medication expenses
- Medical equipment costs
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning potential
- Permanent scarring or disability
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Exemplary damages
- Wrongful death
This overview of potential damages may vary for your case, but any accident related changes that cost you money are recoverable if you qualify for a personal injury settlement.
Let the Heavy Hitters® Take On Your Case 804-250-5050
Understanding the Legal Deadlines for Filing a Bus Injury Claim
After you’ve been injured in a York bus wreck, it is critical to connect with our attorney, who can file your injury claim within the confines of the statute of limitations deadline. All personal injury cases are required to submit a claim within a limited time frame in order to collect payment.
The state of Virginia allows injury victims two years from the date of injury to pursue legal action. For those suffering catastrophic injuries, this can be challenging. If you are uncertain about how to file a claim or if you are deciding to take action on a past bus wreck in York, lawyers from our firm can manage any scenario to get you on the right track quickly.
Central Virginia's Top Rated Personal
Injury Lawyers 804-250-5050
Common Injuries Sustained in Bus Accidents: A Look at Statistics
The number of fatal bus and truck collisions increased in 2019, reaching 4,889, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Although intercity buses are generally safe, accidents do happen that can change the trajectory of your life. With injuries being the key element of your settlement worth, we’ve compiled a list of injuries that can impact it the most:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): A TBI can affect one’s physical, cognitive, and emotional capabilities for a long time. As a result, the victim may incur higher medical costs and be unfit to work. This can result in a larger settlement sum.
- Spinal cord trauma: Spinal cord injuries can result in long-term damage, costing money in missed wages and medical bills as well. The compensation amount could increase as a result of these injuries.
- Burns: Burns may need considerable medical care, including operations and skin grafts. They put victims at risk for infection and prohibit them from performing daily activities. A victim of a bus accident may be eligible for a greater payout if they sustain severe burns.
- Amputations: Losing a limb or other body part can have a significant negative influence on a victim’s life, necessitating the purchase of prosthetics, rehabilitation, and a reduction in income. A victim who lost a limb as a result of a bus accident might be awarded a larger payout.
- Emotional anguish: Emotional distress can be brought on by the trauma of the accident itself or by the physical injuries received in a bus accident. If a victim can show that the accident caused them to experience severe mental distress, they may be entitled to a non-economic compensation sum.
Let Us Be The Heavy Hitters® For Your Case Speak To An Attorney Now
Get Affordable Legal Help From a Nationally Renowned Personal Injury Law Firm
Our goal is to win, but our focus is to serve you with affordable and supportive legal services. Our process has brought our firm million dollar settlements, coverage from US News & World Report, and awards from Avvo like the Client’s Choice award. We are The Heavy Hitters®, and we are proud of the service that we provide to our Virginia clientele.
Don’t allow the insurance company to lowball you or the bus company to lose critical evidence needed for your case. Contact the Pendleton Law Team immediately after your York bus accident, lawyers from our firm will respond quickly. You deserve a firm with the connections and resources available to win your case. If we don’t win, you don’t pay.
The Pendleton Law Team Is Here For You 804-250-5050