Danville Personal Injury Lawyer
When another individual’s negligent behavior results in your physical harm and financial loss, legal action must be taken. Whether you’ve been injured in a car accident, medical malpractice incident, or a slip and fall situation, our skilled Danville personal injury attorneys will be able to help you pursue damages.
At Pendleton Law, we believe the wrongfully injured deserve expert legal counsel regardless of their economic status. That’s why we offer our services in exchange for a contingency fee, or portion of the settlement we secure for you. During a free consultation, you can learn more about our affordable legal services.
Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney
Our personal injury lawyers will give you the advantage you need to receive a sufficient settlement or court verdict. They’ve handled hundreds of similar cases and know exactly what goes into a winning claim. Here’s what they’ll do to ensure you get the compensation you’re owed:
- Investigate your case. The investigation stage will set the tone for how the rest of your case will play out. It’s important that your attorney collects and analyzes as much evidence as possible, as it will allow them to build a convincing case against the guilty party. They’ll gather documents such as police reports, photo and video evidence, and eye-witness accounts in order to build a robust case.
- Establish liability. Once your attorney has enough evidence, they’ll be able to prove that the other party was responsible for the accident you were injured in. In order to secure compensation, they’ll also need to establish that the accident directly resulted in your injury and ensuing financial loss.
- Negotiate a settlement. Our attorneys are highly skilled negotiators. They know how to communicate with insurance companies and present the facts in a way that forces their hand. Once negotiations come to close, it’s very likely that there will be an ample settlement offer on the table.
- Go to trial. It’s usually in both parties best interest to avoid a long and resource-draining court battle. However, sometimes taking a personal injury claim to trial is the only way to secure fair compensation. If that’s true for your case, our lawyers will have no problem bringing your case in front of a judge and swaying a jury in your favor.
Compensation You Could Receive From a Personal Injury Claim
Ideally, the compensation you win from your personal injury claim should return your financial state to the way it was before your accident occured. That means you’ll receive payment for all the monetary losses your injury has caused you to suffer. In legal speak, we refer to these payments as economic damages, which may include:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
While getting compensation to cover your medical bills and lost wages is incredibly helpful, you might also be hurting in ways that don’t involve money. For instance, your injury might be preventing you from participating in the activities that once made your life vibrant and rewarding.
For losses that are more subjective and emotionally-charged, your personal injury attorney can request the following non-economic damages:
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Fatal Personal Injury Accidents
Sadly, some personal injury incidents are so severe that the victim loses their life. If someone close to you has passed away in an accident caused by the reckless actions of another party, the team at Pendleton Law extends its deepest condolences to you and your family.
Times like these can be extremely frustrating and heart-wrenching. We understand that you need time to process your emotions and recover from such a loss, which is why we are willing to take full responsibility for your wrongful death claim.
A wrongful death claim can get you compensation to cover expenses from your loved one’s end of life medical treatment as well as the cost of their funerary and memorial services. If you relied on the deceased for income, guidance, or companionship, we can help you seek payment to cover the losses you’re experiencing.
Types of Personal Injury Cases Our Attorneys Can Litigate
When it comes to personal injury, this isn’t our first rodeo. In fact, our personal injury attorneys have successfully litigated thousands of claims for victims dealing with a number of different physical, financial, and emotional burdens.
They’ll bring a wide berth of knowledge and experience to any type of personal injury case you need help with, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall
- Product liability
- Nursing home abuse
These are just a few of the incidents our attorneys can file a claim for. Check out the practice areas listed on our website to learn more about the different types of accidents and instances of wrongdoing we can help with.
Taking Action Now Will Ensure That Your Claim Is Filed Before the Legal Deadline
In order to prevent frivolous and fraudulent torts, the law encourages personal injury victims to file their claims within a certain period of time. According to Virginia Code § 8.01-243, your claim must be filed within two years of your injury date.
If you sustained injury due to a medical mistake such as incorrect dosage or missed diagnosis, you’ll have two years from the date you became aware of your injury. If you wait too long to take legal action and your deadline passes, you might still have a chance at recovering compensation.
If you believe it’s too late for you to file, speak to a lawyer. They might find a loophole or exception you can use to submit your claim after the conventional deadline.
Contact Our Firm to Get Started on Your Case
The lawyers at Pendleton Law are eager to take on your case. One of our personal injury lawyers in will conduct a thorough analysis of your accident, total your damages, and negotiate with insurers to get you the payment you need to recover from your injuries.
We offer free consultations and contingency fee advocacy, so there’s no excuse to put off your claim. Reach out to us today by filling out a contact form on our website. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can to schedule your consultation.