The average road user dreads regular car crashes, but truck accidents? Those are the stuff of nightmares. Yet, truck collisions are recorded daily in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
According to the Virginia Highway Safety Office, there were 4,953 truck crashes in 2021 – 1,753 of those crashes resulted in injuries, 104 resulted in fatalities, and 3,066 were property damage-only crashes. Truck accidents often lead to catastrophic injuries and loss of lives.
At the Pendleton Law Team, our truck accident attorneys are committed to helping people recover compensation for their losses and injuries from accidents that happened in Henrico County, and help them get back on their feet. Let us help you today!
Recoverable Damages in a Henrico County Truck Accident Case
What kind of compensation are you eligible for if you’ve been hurt in a semi-truck wreck? Well, quite a bit. Trucks weigh a ton – precisely 80,000 lbs when fully loaded. That’s more than other smaller-sized passenger vehicles or SUVs. So, when a smaller car is involved in an accident involving these commercial motor vehicles, most of the casualties are usually occupants of the smaller cars.
And the extent of their injuries can be quite severe. And even though compensation can’t turn back the hands of time or help injured victims recover immediately, it can help take care of the many expenses brought on by the crash.
Injured victims of truck accidents in Henrico County, VA, can file a claim that will cover some or all of the following:
- All physical injuries caused by collision
- Past, present, and future medical expenses
- Cost of rehabilitation
- Loss of income
- Past, present, and future inconvenience
- Reduced capacity to earn an income
- Property damage
- All pain and suffering endured by the victim
- Deformity, embarrassment, scarring, or disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
You may also seek punitive damages if the defendant showed egregious behavior. For example, the truck driver was driving while drunk or high.
For a Free Legal Consultation
Call The Personal Injury Lawyer Hotline.
Proving Fault in a Truck Accident Case in Virginia
A key part of the compensation recovery process is proving fault and establishing liability. Therefore, we’ll have to identify those responsible for your injuries or losses and make them pay for the suffering they’ve caused.
Because Virginia is an at-fault state, you must sue the defendant if you want any compensation. To do this, our truck accident attorneys at the Pendleton Law Team will prove that the parties were negligent and that their negligence led to the crash.
As part of the liability establishment process, we’ll review the four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care – While on the road, all drivers are expected to engage in reasonably safe actions that don’t endanger other road users. For instance, a trucker shouldn’t be overspeeding, arbitrarily weaving in and out of traffic, or engaging in reckless driving.
- Breach of duty – This occurs when a road user acts in a manner that potentially puts other road users in danger. For instance, if a trucker starts tailgating another vehicle, the trucker is considered to have breached or broken that rule of safety on the roadways.
- Causation – This applies if the road user’s actions or carelessness leads to an accident. For example, if the aforementioned truck driver rams into the vehicle they were tailgating, it means their actions directly caused the crash.
- Damages – This applies if the accident led to injuries and losses on the victim’s part. For instance, if you were injured, lost your car, and had to seek treatment because of the accident, you can seek damages from the errant driver.
If these four elements aren’t present, you may be unable to file a compensation claim with your insurance provider. For instance, if there was no dent or damage and no one was injured in the accident, it’ll be difficult to pursue a settlement from the at-fault driver.
Let the Heavy Hitters® Take On Your Case 804-250-5050
How Our Truck Crash Attorneys Help Clients
When you’re nursing the injuries sustained in a truck wreck, you don’t have the time to vet truck accident lawyers. You want a heavy-hitter lawyer who is experienced in dealing with truck collision cases and one that can get you the best outcome possible.
Our truck accident attorneys are committed to fighting for your rights and working to get you the money you deserve. We can do this because we have and follow a proven process that works. Here’s what our process looks like:
- We’ll investigate the truck crash’s circumstances to ensure you have a case.
- Request a police report, speak to witnesses, and obtain all available evidence.
- Send a spoliation letter to preserve evidence if the defendant’s lawyers have more evidence and we can’t find much at the accident scene.
- Determine your role in the accident – if any.
- Identify the liable parties and their insurers.
- Compute the value of your losses and the cost of your treatment.
- File a claim against the liable party’s insurance provider.
- Negotiate with the insurance provider.
- Get you a worthwhile settlement.
- File a personal injury lawsuit with the local court if they refuse to pay up.
Central Virginia's Top Rated Personal
Injury Lawyers 804-250-5050
Contact an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer
For accidents that took place in Henrico County, to get the maximum settlement amount possible, you need the help of Pendleton Law Team’s truck accident lawyer. We’ve got decades of experience fighting for clients like you and have won thousands of cases in Virginia.
As Heavy Hitters®, we relentlessly go after the defendant and all liable parties when we take on your case. Our legal team is professional and equipped to help you extract as much money as possible for your injuries.
With us in your corner, you can focus on recovery and getting back on your feet while we claim your damages for you and pursue your compensation. Contact our Henrico County truck accident law firm today for a free non-obligatory consultation.
The Pendleton Law Team Is Here For You 804-250-5050