It can be stressful and overwhelming if you or a loved one have been in a truck accident. Choosing the best personal injury attorney to assist you with the legal process is a crucial step in obtaining the money you are entitled to.
The Pendleton Law Team is an expert in assisting truck accident victims in Petersburg to obtain the financial recompense they require to move forward. Our team of knowledgeable 18-wheeler truck accident lawyers in Petersburg has the skills and resources to give you the best legal defense possible.
We are here to support you and your family during this traumatic time because we understand how difficult it may be. We are available to do a free case review with you to calculate the worth of your case and go over any legal options you have to get the justice you are due.
Get Maximum Compensation for a Truck Accident Claim
If you’re looking for suggestions on how to increase the amount of your truck accident settlement offer, we can help you in your fight against the insurance company. Before accepting any offer that they may have contacted you about, take legal action in the following ways:
Prove Fault After a Truck Accident
According to the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles Traffic Crash Facts, Semis, 18-wheelers, big rigs, and other commercial vehicles are involved in about 5,000 collisions annually. As common as truck accidents are, knowing what to do after a truck wreck isn’t. We highly recommend the following action be taken:
- Call the police and report the 18-wheeler truck accident.
- Request an ambulance or see a doctor immediately.
- Gather evidence by photo or video of the scene along with witness contact information.
- Notify your insurance company of the accident.
- Consult with a personal injury lawyer before speaking with the truck driver’s insurance company.
Negotiating a Settlement Offer
The following elements represent losses that can be recovered after filing a personal injury claim. Insurance companies don’t want you to know how settlements are calculated, but we inform you of what you’re entitled to so that you can avoid being taken advantage of. When negotiating your settlement, demand compensation for property damage along with:
- Medical expenses: Medical testing, prescriptions, medical devices, trips to the doctor, therapy appointments, and hospital stays are all eligible for recoverable compensation
- Proof of diminished income: This can include getting fired, being unable to perform the same type of work after being hurt, or having benefits changed as a result of fewer hours worked owing to injuries or the need to attend medical appointments.
- Pain and suffering: This is calculated based on your injury’s intensity and how it impacts your everyday life. Be sure to fully communicate your pain to your doctor in order for thorough documentation to be taken so that this can be quantified in your settlement.
- Emotional distress: Noneconomic damages like anxiety, PTSD, and depression are commonly awarded after traumatic events like experiencing a head-on collision or being rear-ended by a 35,000-pound 18-wheeler. Be sure to discuss all mental or emotional issues with your healthcare provider in order to start receiving therapy.
These factors are the bare minimum for your personal injury lawsuit. You may request reimbursement for any accident-related losses before agreeing to accept your settlement offer. It will be impossible to negotiate for a higher sum after you accept the offer.
For a Free Legal Consultation
Call The Personal Injury Lawyer Hotline.
Who to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit Against Following a Truck Accident
Your truck accident may have involved multiple parties. You can hold each party liable for any damages related to the collision if you can demonstrate that various people contributed to your losses. Our Petersburg truck accident lawyers handling your 18-wheeler accident claim can assign blame to the relevant parties. Those who may be held accountable include:
- Vehicle drivers
- Commercial truck drivers
- Cargo-loading businesses
- Government entities
Liability in a truck accident settlement is not limited to the aforementioned parties. While settlement amounts from a truck accident can vary, you can file multiple lawsuits if multiple people are found at fault. On the contrary, if you are found to be partially liable under contributory negligence laws, this will impact the amount of damages that you can collect.
Let the Heavy Hitters Take On Your Case 804-250-5050
Estimated Timeline for Resolving a Truck Accident Claim
There is no average timeframe for settling a personal injury case like a truck accident. Each case undergoes the same legal process, but some phases may take longer than others to get through. The estimated timeline for resolving your 18-wheeler truck accident settlement will depend on the following components:
- The details of your case
- How the jurisdiction where your accident occurred has handled your case
- How long the insurance provider generally takes to process claims
- How many parties contributed to the accident
- If you were partially at fault
- Your recovery process
The common misconception is that there is a way to expedite your accident recovery and your personal injury lawsuit when both will take time and require patience from you. As long as you know how to choose a reputable truck accident lawyer in Petersburg, your case will be handled thoroughly.
Central Virginia's Top Rated Personal
Injury Lawyers 804-250-5050
File Your Truck Accident Claim Before Missing the Legal Deadline
Each state has a statute of limitations regarding personal injury claims. The regulation dictates how long a claimant has to file before forfeiting their right to financial compensation. Our 18-wheeler truck accident attorneys in Petersburg, VA, will file your personal injury claim while you recover and establish normalcy at home.
The Pendleton Law Team advocates fiercely for victims like you who are coping with life after an accident. We know how to win your personal injury case and provide seamless legal support in every aspect of your claim. Don’t hesitate to contact us when you are ready to speak with a compassionate injury attorney in Petersburg, VA, who will strive for the largest payout possible.
The Pendleton Law Team Is Here For You 804-250-5050