Richmond Logging Truck Accident Lawyer
Logging trucks are commercial trucks that haul logs. These loads are typically oversized in some way, either due to excess weight or overhang. Logging trucks are especially dangerous because of the risk of lost load accidents during transport. For this reason, several different regulations govern logging trucks and their drivers. If a company or driver breaks these rules, the outcome can be a serious truck accident.
If you or a family member suffered injuries such as broken bones, head or brain injury, spinal cord injury, burns, or lacerations in a logging truck accident in Richmond, contact Pendleton Law for legal advice. Our Richmond logging truck accident lawyer is experienced, determined, award-winning lawyers with years of practice in the truck accident field. We’ve secured millions of dollars for our past clients. Learn how we can help you recover next.
Rules Logging Trucks and Drivers Must Follow
The forestry and logging sector is important to America’s economy. Log trucking is a critical aspect of the forestry supply chain. Thousands of commercial trucks transport logs across the country every day. All of these trucks must abide by strict federal and state rules concerning the weight, size, and securement of the load. Drivers must also follow special instructions on how to safely operate logging trucks. Some of the laws for securing logs include:
- The truck must be specifically designed or built to carry logs
- The truck must have bunks or the equivalent to cradle logs and prevent rolling
- The components of log securement must withstand anticipated forces and pressures
- Cargo loaders must use tie downs in addition to bunks in most cases
- Cargo loaders must pack logs solidly, with bottom logs resting on bunks
- Loads must have correct stacking and log positions/tie downs
Federal trucking laws have highly specific requirements for how cargo loaders must stack logs. Those involved in log trucking need to know these rules and adhere to them at all times. Skipping a step or ignoring a rule can lead to an unsafe load and lost load accidents. In these cases, the party that broke the rule may be liable for victims’ injuries. If you or a loved one was a victim of an accident, reach out to a reliable Richmond truck accident lawyer.
For a Free Legal Consultation
Call The Personal Injury Lawyer Hotline.
What to Do After a Logging Truck Accident in Richmond, VA?
Logging truck accidents are almost always preventable. With the right safety rules and precautions, trucking companies can avoid lost loads, dangerous driving, and other risks that can cause serious crashes. Otherwise, accidents involving logging trucks could be the company’s fault. Before you explore your legal rights with a Richmond logging truck accident attorney, take the following actions to protect yourself and build your case:
- Report the crash. Call 911 if the logging truck accident caused injuries, deaths, or property damage in excess of $1,000. These circumstances almost always apply in truck accidents.
- Gather evidence. Collect evidence from the scene if you can, such as photographs of the logging truck and the roadway. Keep copies of your medical records and police reports. Get the truck driver’s name and company information.
- Take care of yourself. Go to the hospital right away after a logging truck accident. Prompt medical care can help with the recovery process, but it can also show insurance companies that the injuries came from the crash.
Let the Heavy Hitters Take On Your Case 804-250-5050
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Richmond Logging Truck Accident Lawyer
Once you’re ready to discuss your accident and legal options with a lawyer, call Pendleton Law at (804) 250-5050. We can investigate your accident, let you know if we think the company and/or another party was negligent, and estimate the potential value of a lawsuit. If we think your case has merit, we can help you handle insurance claim negotiations with the truck company’s insurer. We aren’t afraid to go to trial if that’s what it takes for fair compensation. Schedule a consultation today for help with a Richmond logging truck accident case.
The Pendleton Law Team Is Here For You 804-250-5050