After a Lyft accident, you may be left with a lot of questions. Who is responsible for my medical bills? How do I negotiate with insurance companies? How much compensation am I entitled to? At the Pendleton Law Team, we have the answers to these questions and more. Our team of experienced Lyft accident lawyers has helped countless York victims of rideshare accidents.
We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that an accident can take on you and your family, and we are committed to fighting for your rights and ensuring that you receive fair settlement. When you are ready, schedule a free consultation and let us help you get back on the road to recovery.
Types of Compensation that We Can Help You Recover
Our car accident lawyers serving York County will help you recover economic and non-economic damages after an Uber accident. In the legal industry, our firm is known as the”Heavy Hitters®” because we tenaciously recoup the funds owed to our clients. With the help of vocational, medical, and reconstructionist experts, we work to obtain the following funds:
These are damages that have a clear monetary value and can be calculated based on actual expenses or losses. Examples of economic damages that we can help you recover include:
- Medical bills, inclusive of doctor’s visits, prescription costs, and more
- Lost wages and future earning potential
- Property damage
These are damages that do not have a clear monetary value and are more subjective in nature. Examples of non-economic damages that we can help you recover include:
- Pain and suffering, such as physical and emotional pain, loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress like anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Loss of consortium
Our experienced Uber accident attorneys will evaluate your case and determine if the negligence involved qualifies you to receive additional punitive damages as well. We will fight tirelessly to ensure that you receive the full and fair compensation you deserve
For a Free Legal Consultation
Call The Personal Injury Lawyer Hotline.
How Fault and Liability Are Established in Lyft Accident Cases
Establishing fault and liability in Uber accident cases can be a multilayered process. Our Lyft collision attorneys have managed York County accident cases extensively enough to know that the average rideshare accident legal process usually includes the following steps:
- Determining who is at fault: The first step in establishing fault is to determine who caused the accident. This may involve an investigation by law enforcement, witness statements, and other evidence.
- Identifying the liable parties: Once fault has been established, the next step is to identify the liable parties. This may include the Uber driver, other drivers involved in the accident, and even Uber itself.
- Reviewing insurance coverage: The liability of Uber and its drivers will depend on several factors, including the driver’s status at the time of the accident (i.e., whether they were logged into the app or transporting passengers) and the amount of insurance coverage available.
- Filing a claim: If you were injured in an Uber accident, you may be able to file a claim with Uber’s insurance company or another insurance company. Your attorney can help you navigate this process and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Negotiating a settlement: In many cases, Uber’s insurance company will offer a settlement to compensate for damages suffered in the accident. Your attorney can negotiate on your behalf and ensure that the settlement offer is fair and covers all of your damages.
- Pursuing legal action: If a settlement cannot be reached, your attorney may recommend pursuing legal action against the at-fault party or parties.
Let the Heavy Hitters® Take On Your Case 804-250-5050
Determine If You Need a Lawyer for Your Rideshare Accident Claim
If you’ve been injured in a Lyft accident, you may be wondering whether you need an attorney to help you with your case. Here are some factors to consider when deciding whether to hire a rideshare accident attorney:
- The severity of your injuries: If you suffered minor injuries in the accident and have already received compensation from the insurance company, you may not need an attorney. However, if your injuries are more serious and require ongoing medical treatment, an attorney can help ensure that you receive the full compensation you deserve.
- Liability and fault issues: If there are disputes over who was at fault for the accident, an attorney can help you gather evidence and build a strong case to prove liability. This is especially important if you are partially at fault for the accident.
- Insurance coverage: If you’re having trouble dealing with insurance companies or if you’re unsure of the coverage available to you, an attorney can help explain your options and ensure that you receive the maximum compensation available.
- Negotiating a settlement: If you’re having trouble negotiating a fair settlement with the insurance company, an attorney can help you negotiate on your behalf and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Central Virginia's Top Rated Personal
Injury Lawyers 804-250-5050
Consider the Pendleton Law Team to Represent Your York County Lyft Accident Case
We offer a free consultation to help you determine whether you need an attorney to help you with your rideshare accident case. Our experienced Lyft accident attorneys can evaluate your York County case, answer your questions, and provide you with the guidance you need to make an informed decision. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.
The Pendleton Law Team Is Here For You 804-250-5050