Virginia Beach Lyft Accident Lawyer
For many residents of Virginia, rideshare apps provide an easy way to get around town. However, dealing with the aftermath of an accident caused by a reckless Lyft driver isn’t as simple. If you’ve been injured in such an incident, a personal injury attorney can help you file a claim in Virginia Beach.
The Virginia Beach Lyft accident lawyers at Pendleton Law have managed thousands of cases just like yours. They’ll use their experience and extensive knowledge of personal injury law to get you compensated for your medical bills, missed paychecks, and other losses.
Damages a Virginia Beach Attorney Can Secure for Your Lyft Accident
Auto accidents can cause painful injuries that can get in the way of your daily life and even prevent you from going to work. If you’ve been harmed in a Lyft accident in Virginia Beach, you have the right to hire a lawyer and pursue compensation for the following losses:
- Medical expenses. These damages can pay for any present or future hospital visits, doctor’s appointments, prescription medications, and assistive services you need to treat your injuries.
- Missed paychecks. Taking unpaid time off from work to recuperate from an injury can put you in a tough financial position. Fortunately, our Lyft accident attorneys can get you compensated for the wages you lost during your recovery leave.
- Diminished earning capacity. Serious injuries can stop you from performing the tasks your job requires of you. If your earning ability has been impacted, these damages can make up for lost income.
- Pain and suffering. If it wasn’t for your Lyft driver’s careless behavior, you wouldn’t have to deal with debilitating pain on a daily basis. No matter what your pain level is, you deserve to collect payment for the suffering you’ve been put through.
- Mental distress. Coping with the trauma from a shocking car accident can be difficult. If you’re experiencing symptoms of accident-related PTSD, anxiety, or depression after a Lyft wreck, your attorney can add mental distress damages to your claim.
- Reduced quality of life. Medical debt, missed work, chronic pain, and mental health problems can take a significant toll on one’s quality of life. If the fallout of a Lyft accident is preventing you from enjoying your life, a lawyer from our firm can get you a settlement.
Once we’ve learned more about your injuries and losses, we’ll be able to determine exactly which damages you’re eligible to receive. Our attorneys will evaluate all the economic and non-economic losses you’ve suffered to figure out how much compensation you deserve.
Negotiating a Lyft Accident Settlement With an Insurance Provider in Virginia Beach
Virginia law requires rideshare companies to carry insurance policies that pay up to $1 million in damages. If your driver’s personal policy doesn’t fully cover your losses, your attorney will take advantage of Lyft’s insurance coverage to get you the settlement you’re owed.
Even though the coverage is there, insurance adjusters aren’t always eager to offer compensation equal to the full value of a victim’s losses. If that’s the case, a Virginia Beach Lyft accident attorney can negotiate with adjusters to reach a figure that accounts for all the expenses you’ve incurred as a result of your rideshare wreck.
A Lyft Accident Attorney Will Investigate Your Virginia Beach Collision
Insurance companies can be hard to negotiate with, but not if your lawyer has concrete evidence to back up your claim. Your attorney will conduct an in-depth investigation into your Lyft accident in Virginia Beach so that they can convince adjusters to offer a fair payment.
Your lawyer will gather the following records and testimonies to build a convincing case for your compensation:
Photos and Video Footage
If you were able to take photos of the accident scene and your injuries, your attorney can use them to strengthen your claim. They’ll also source footage from nearby CCTV or security cameras that may have picked up the crash. Such evidence can go a long way to convince insurers.
It’s always a smart idea to call your local police department after an auto accident. That’s because your lawyer can use reports from law enforcement to add credibility to your claim. If the Virginia Beach Police Department that responded to your Lyft accident has a report on file, your attorney will request a copy.
If your case goes to trial, witness testimonies can prove invaluable. If you were able to exchange contact information with one or more individuals who were present when your accident occurred, you’ll want to hand their phone numbers over to your attorney.
Statements from Accident Reconstruction Experts
Accident reconstruction experts can use photographs, video, and other pieces of evidence from the scene of your crash to determine who or what caused the collision. Your attorney can call on such an expert to prove that your driver was responsible for the incident.
Your Medical Records
Once your attorney has the evidence they need to prove that your Lyft driver was responsible for the wreck, they’ll still need to establish that the accident caused you physical and financial harm. In order to do that, they’ll need copies of your medical records and bills.
Don’t Wait to Hire a Lyft Accident Attorney for Your Virginia Beach Rideshare Collision
In Virginia, there’s a statute of limitations that applies to all Lyft accident claims. Virginia Code § 8.01-243 allows victims two years from the day they were injured to take legal action. If you delay your claim, you could risk missing your deadline.
While there are some exceptions, most individuals who fail to file in two years will be barred from receiving compensation for their injuries. Don’t let that happen to you! Get started on your claim with an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
Reach Out to a Virginia Beach Lyft Accident Attorney Today
If you’ve been harmed in a Lyft crash, our Lyft accident attorneys in Virginia Beach have got your back. They’ll investigate the incident, find the evidence they need to hold the driver liable, and negotiate a settlement with their insurance provider.
Once negotiations have come to a close, your lawyer will have secured compensation to cover your medical expenses, work-related losses, and emotional damages. Contact Pendleton Law today to schedule a free consultation and connect with a seasoned attorney.