Pedestrian accidents can leave victims with life-altering disabilities, permanent disfigurement, and chronic pain. If you’ve been hit by a car, bus, or motorcycle while walking, a pedestrian accident attorney in Virginia Beach from Pendleton Law can help you recover losses like medical expenses and missed paychecks.
Filing a claim is the only way you’ll be able to receive compensation for your injuries. While you could attempt to file by yourself, doing so would be extremely difficult without prior experience in personal injury law. Let our attorneys take care of your case!
Our Attorneys Can Help With Any Type of Pedestrian Accident Injury Sustained in Virginia Beach
No matter how severe your injuries are, our pedestrian accident lawyers will be able to secure compensation for all your medical expenses. They’ll refer to your treatment bills so they can request the exact amount you need to cover your hospital visits and doctor’s appointments
We’ll be able to help you recover from any injury sustained in a pedestrian accident in Virginia Beach, including:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Broken and fractured bones
- Road rash
- Cuts and lacerations
- Organ damage and internal bleeding
- Neg and back injuries
- Skull damage
A lot can go wrong when drivers strike pedestrians. That’s why our Virginia Beach pedestrian accident lawyers offer reliable representation for any type of pedestrian accident injury. Once your case has come to a conclusion, you’ll have the money you need to cover your medical treatment.
For a Free Legal Consultation
Call The Personal Injury Lawyer Hotline.
Pedestrian Accident Victims in Virginia Beach May Qualify for a Number of Damages
If you’ve been harmed in a pedestrian accident, medical expenses aren’t the only loss we can get you compensation for. In fact, you may be entitled to receive a number of other damages. Once we know more about your accident and the injuries you sustained, we’ll know if you qualify for the following damages:
- Lost income. Taking unpaid time off from work to recover from your injury can put a major dent in your bank account. If you’re unable to use PTO or sick time, our lawyers can win compensation for the paychecks you would have received.
- Reduced earning capacity. Sadly, some injuries can stop pedestrian accident victims in Virginia Beach from working in their profession. If your condition has reduced your ability to earn, your lawyer can get you compensation.
- Pain and suffering. The pain some pedestrian accident victims go through is unimaginable and unjust. If you’re experiencing any level of pain from your injury, let your attorney know and they’ll add pain and suffering damages to your claim.
- Mental distress. Pedestrian accident victims are diagnosed with mental health problems all too often. If your incident has caused you to experience any negative psychological effects, these damages can help you cope with and manage your symptoms.
- Punitive damages. Intoxicated or excessively reckless drivers must be punished to understand that their behavior is unacceptable. If the driver that hit you displayed gross negligence, your attorney may request punitive damages. These damages can also serve as a warning to others not to follow in the defendant’s footsteps.
It’s not unusual for pedestrian accidents to result in fatal injuries. If your loved one has passed away after being struck by a vehicle, we offer our deepest condolences. In these times, it’s best to focus on grieving and let an experienced lawyer take care of your claim. A wrongful death lawyer from our firm will secure the damages your family is entitled to.
Let the Heavy Hitters® Take On Your Case 804-250-5050
Dealing With Insurance Companies in a Virginia Beach Pedestrian Accident Case
Your attorney will have to negotiate a settlement with the at-fault driver’s insurance company to secure the damages mentioned above. While it may seem counterintuitive, the driver’s insurer probably won’t have your best interests in mind. To protect their bottom line, they’ll probably try to reduce the amount of compensation you receive.
Invalidating your claim is just one of the tactics they use to lower your settlement. They’ll attempt to do this by asking you to give a recorded statement explaining how your pedestrian accident occurred. During the interview, they’ll ask complex and leading questions in hopes that you’ll say something that strips your claim of its credibility.
While giving a recorded statement can seriously hurt your claim, there are some cases where it might be beneficial. Our attorneys can provide you with the information you need to talk to a claims adjuster without putting your case in jeopardy. Once you’ve given a statement, your lawyer will take over and negotiate a settlement that works for you.
Central Virginia's Top Rated Personal
Injury Lawyers 804-250-5050
Contact a Pedestrian Accident Attorney As Soon as You’re Able
At Pendleton Law, we understand that debilitating pedestrian accident injuries can make reaching out to an attorney seem impossible. However, contacting a pedestrian accident lawyer in Virginia Beach as soon as you can will give you the best shot possible at receiving compensation for your bills and losses.
That’s because Virginia has a statute of limitations, or legal due date, for pedestrian accident claims. Under Virginia Code § 8.01-243, you have two years from the day of your accident to submit a claim. Although there may be exceptions to this statute, most plaintiffs will be barred from legal action if they fail to file before their deadline.
To maximize your chances of receiving full compensation for your injuries, we recommend getting in touch with a lawyer today. They’ll know when your claim needs to be filed and will make sure it’s submitted in accordance with the law.
Let Us Be The Heavy Hitters® For Your Case Speak To An Attorney Now
Our Attorneys Are Ready to Help With Your Pedestrian Accident Case in Virginia Beach
Our Virginia Beach pedestrian accident lawyers are fully prepared to take on your case. They’ll waste no time investigating your accident, establishing liability, and negotiating with the driver’s insurer. Once negotiations have come to an end, you’ll have all the compensation you need to forget your accident ever happened.
Contact Pendleton Law today to schedule your free consultation. During your consultation, we’ll ask questions about your accident and injuries, as well as your monetary and non-monetary damages. Once we have a clear picture of your pedestrian accident, we’ll get started on the claim-filing process.
The Pendleton Law Team Is Here For You 804-250-5050