The state of Virginia has increased its routes to improve mass transportation usage over the years. While efforts to increase the number of bus passengers have increased, so has the relative rate of bus accidents in Suffolk County, Norfolk, Richmond, and other surrounding areas. As a result, our bus accident attorneys near Suffolk have won many cases for clients.
The Pendleton Law Team is a highly-skilled group of personal injury attorneys serving Suffolk County and its neighboring communities. We pride ourselves on being the “Heavy Hitters®” who fight to obtain the highest settlement possible for you.
If you’ve been involved in a bus wreck or know someone who has, we offer a free consultation to discuss in detail the summarized items below and much more. Don’t accept less than what you know you deserve; maximize your claim today!
What Successful Bus Accident Claims Have in Common
Bus accidents are a serious issue that can have devastating consequences in the form of catastrophic injuries or even fatalities. To win a bus accident claim in Suffolk County, VA, it is important to have a strong case. A successful bus accident lawsuit includes the following elements:
- A thorough investigation: This includes gathering evidence such as police reports, witness statements, and medical records. It is also important to identify all potential defendants, such as the bus driver, the bus company, and the bus manufacturer. Successful cases in Virginia also lack any signs of contributory negligence.
- Strong evidence: The evidence in your case will make or break your success. This includes evidence of the defendant’s negligence, evidence of your injuries, and evidence of your non-economic and economic damages.
- Experienced legal representation: It is important to have a Suffolk-based bus accident attorney on your side. An experienced legal team will be able to help you understand the phases of your injury claim’s legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve. Your attorney should be aggressive in advocating for your rights. This includes filing the appropriate motions, taking depositions, and negotiating with the other side.
- Thorough preparation. It is important to be prepared for trial in a bus accident claim. This means preparing your witnesses, your evidence, and your arguments. If you have been severely injured, this can be a challenge. A skilled lawyer will be able to manage this while you prioritize recovery.
Additional tips for a successful bus accident claim include:
- Document all of your injuries and losses. It is important to document your injuries as soon as possible after the accident. This includes taking pictures of your injuries, keeping track of your medical expenses, and writing down any symptoms you are experiencing.
- Get medical attention. It is important to seek medical attention to ensure that your injuries are properly treated and that you have a record of them from a verifiable source.
- Be patient. If you have been injured in a bus accident, it is important to remember that you are not alone and that personal injury cases can take time. There are many resources available to help you if you are facing physical, emotional, or financial challenges.
For a Free Legal Consultation
Call The Personal Injury Lawyer Hotline.
How Much Compensation to Expect from a Bus Accident Settlement
Without knowing the details of your bus accident case, the most accurate projection is to not expect a certain amount but to be prepared for your bus accident lawyer near Suffolk to fight for the following damages in your Suffolk bus accident settlement:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death (if it applies)
- Permanent scarring or disability
- Loss of consortium
- Property losses
The aforementioned factors can win you more or less, depending on:
- The severity of your injuries: The more serious your injuries, the more compensation you will likely receive. This is because serious injuries can result in long-term medical care, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- The length of your recovery: The longer your recovery, the more compensation you will likely receive. This is because you will likely lose more wages and experience more pain and suffering.
- The impact the accident has had on your life: The more the accident has affected your life, the more compensation you will likely receive. This is because you may have to make changes to your lifestyle, such as giving up work or moving to a new home.
In general, bus accident settlements can range from a few thousand dollars to several million dollars. The tenacity of your injury lawyer will also play a huge role in the success of your claim. Don’t settle for less financially by accepting a lowball offer or retaining an inexperienced bus accident lawyer near Suffolk.
Let the Heavy Hitters® Take On Your Case 804-250-5050
What Our Bus Accident Attorneys Can Do for You
Filing a bus accident claim is not as simple as filing a car wreck claim. For one, if the boat belongs to a government entity, the statute of limitations may be different than the average personal injury claim. There are various nuances to a bus wreck that can be handled easily by a bus accident lawyer in close proximity to Suffolk and familiar with local ordinances.
Let the Pendleton Law Team serve you with top-rated legal support that gets results. We begin determining if specialists or witnesses will help maximize your settlement immediately after assisting with your claim investigation. In addition to guiding negotiations, our legal staff is equipped to represent you in court if necessary. Contact us today.
The Pendleton Law Team Is Here For You 804-250-5050