There are numerous bike trails in Suffolk, Virginia, so it’s typical to hear of cycling accidents and injuries. There are many scenarios for bicycles to get into collisions, whether they are traveling through crowded streets close to I-664 or quiet routes heading up to the Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge. Cycling can be great exercise, but if hit, it can lead to injuries or death.
The types of injuries that might be sustained in these accidents could qualify you for a lucrative settlement. We speak from experience as a team of bike accident attorneys serving Suffolk County, VA. If someone else’s negligence contributed to a bicycle accident that injured you or someone you know, The Pendleton Law Team is here to help you pursue justice.
Our team of personal injury lawyers near Suffolk has extensive experience with all types of accident cases. It is our goal to inform you of the value of your bicycle accident claim, the strength of your case, and your legal alternatives for justice. Keep reading or schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation to learn more about how our legal team can assist you.
Post-Bicycle Accident Checklist to Maximize Your Injury Settlement
If you are searching for a bicycle accident attorney near you, we expect that you are seeking legal help on what to say to the insurance company and what to do after a bicycle crash to win your personal injury claim. The following checklist provides instructions on what to do to maximize your personal injury settlement before the accident investigation begins:
- Seek medical care right away to prevent insurance companies from arguing that your injuries weren’t caused by your accident.
- Trade contact details, insurance details, etc., with any other drivers involved.
- If you are physically able, gather proof by photographing the accident scene, the damage to the vehicle, your injuries, etc.
- Inform your insurance provider about the collision.
- Never apologize or acknowledge fault at the scene of an accident.
- Consult with our bike accident lawyers in proximity to Suffolk, VA, so that we can defend your legal rights and make sure you get the money you are due.
- Keep a record of everything regarding your accident. The information collected can be used as leverage with the insurance company to obtain a higher settlement.
- Be aware of what you post online. Ensure that you are not disclosing details of your accident online or to anyone that would jeopardize the validity of your claim.
For a Free Legal Consultation
Call The Personal Injury Lawyer Hotline.
Victims of Suffolk County, VA, Bike Accidents May Be Reimbursed
Any claim or lawsuit involving a bike accident is to secure monetary recompense for the harm and injuries that the accident victim endured. If a bike accident claim or lawsuit in Virginia is successful, the following expenses will likely be covered:
Current and Future Medical Expenses
You will get payment for any medical expenses you have already incurred and those that may reasonably be predicted for you to incur in the future if your lawsuit or claim is successful. Additionally, you may be paid for:
- Co-payments for seeing medical professionals
- Any time spent in a medical facility
- The price of medicine
- The price of medical equipment
- Physical therapy’s price
- Amount spent on long-term care
Pain and Suffering
Injuries from biking accidents can be serious. They can cause excruciating physical pain and emotional distress. You are entitled to financial compensation for your suffering. If you need help deciding whether to include monetary damages for pain and suffering in your claim or lawsuit, our bicycle accident attorneys serving Suffolk County, VA, can assess whether they need to be factored into your settlement.
Bike accident victims may miss work as they heal from their injuries. Some people who are injured in bicycle accidents won’t be able to work for a while or may even develop a lifelong impairment. When a bike wreck prevents you from working, you may be entitled to vocational compensation for lost wages or a vocational change to fit your disability.
Your bike or other items could sustain damage. For the value of your bicycle and any other property damaged in your accident, an appraisal will be done to estimate what is owed to you for damages.
Let the Heavy Hitters® Take On Your Case 804-250-5050
Exploring the Common Causes of Bike Accidents For Suffolk County, VA
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported that almost 1,000 people succumbed to bicycle injuries from traffic crashes in 2021. This statistic indicates that even though cities like Suffolk invest in creating and maintaining safe spaces for cyclists, accidents and, unfortunately, fatalities still occur.
Our law offices have seen the following causes of bicycle collisions and represent victims who have suffered injuries due to:
- Reckless driving: Cyclists are at risk from drivers who speed, behave violently on the road, or disregard traffic regulations.
- Poor road design: Potholes and unsafe intersections can result in accidents involving bikes.
- Distracted driving: Bicycle accidents are more likely to be caused by drivers who are preoccupied with their cell phones or something else while still operating a car.
- Badly maintained bicycles: Defective brakes or faulty handlebars can lead to a biker losing control and colliding with a vehicle.
- Weather: Cycling can be hazardous on slick roads, especially in windy weather.
Central Virginia's Top Rated Personal
Injury Lawyers 804-250-5050
Secure Your Suffolk County Injury Settlement With an Experienced Bicycle Accident Lawyer
The process of obtaining a favorable settlement can be made much simpler by working with an experienced bicycle accident attorney with a history of serving Suffolk County. The Pendleton Law Team is familiar with regional laws and ordinances pertaining to bicycle accidents, as well as any applicable insurance coverage.
With knowledgeable legal guidance, we can aid you in submitting documentation, negotiating with insurers, and obtaining a just payment. Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation.
The Pendleton Law Team Is Here For You 804-250-5050