Petersburg Uber and Rideshare Accidents Attorney
Dealing with a car accident is difficult on it’s own, but the problems can be compounded when one of the drivers involved was working for Uber or another ride-share company. If you’ve been injured in an accident involving a rideshare driver, contact the Petersburg Uber and rideshare accidents lawyer at Pendleton Law. Because drivers for companies such as Uber and Lyft are considered independent contractors, there could be many different parties liable for your injuries. We help rideshare accident victims in Petersburg understand, pursue and protect their rights every step of the way. Call us at (804) 250-5050 for a free consultation.
Why Choose Pendleton Law to Represent You
- We have a thorough understanding of rideshare laws and insurance policies, empowering us to reclaim your losses.
- Our Petersburg personal injury attorneys employ a highly efficient approach to every case with the use of the latest technological advances.
- We’ll help you create a unique legal strategy that meets your needs.
Understanding Rideshare Insurance Policies
Drivers working for rideshare companies in Petersburg are required to carry their own personal car insurance, in addition to the liability coverage rideshare companies provide. This is due to the fact that the company’s liability coverage will only apply in certain scenarios. For example, Uber’s insurance policy consists of the following:
- In the event of an accident when the driver’s Uber app is off, the driver is considered to not be on the job. Therefore, their personal auto insurance will be used.
- When a driver is available for rides and has the Uber app on, their personal insurance as well as Uber’s contingent liability coverage can be used when an accident takes place. Uber’s coverage provides between $50,000 and $100,000 for injuries and $25,000 for property damage.
- When an Uber driver is carrying a passenger on an Uber trip, the company’s commercial insurance covers the driver and passengers. This coverage includes up to $1 million in third party liability and $1 million in uninsured/under-insured coverage.
Because of the various factors that play into the different types of coverage, recovering damages can be complex. Lyft and other rideshare companies have similar insurance policies covering their drivers.
Why You Need a Petersburg Uber and Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Rideshare accident victims often don’t know what steps they must take to get compensated for their losses. A Petersburg Uber or rideshare accident lawyer will have had experience with these types of claims and will be able to determine which parties or insurers are liable. They have the resources to investigate the accident and gather critical evidence to prove your claim.
Insurance companies, especially those providing coverage to large companies such as Uber and Lyft, will often attempt a low-ball settlement offer, avoid payment on a claim, or deny a claim altogether. By hiring an attorney who knows the process for successfully obtaining compensation after a rideshare accident, your rights will be protected. Lawyers are skilled negotiators, who will not settle for a less than a fair amount on your claim.
If an insurer refuses a fair agreement, you will then have a professional to advocate for you in court. Oftentimes, accident attorneys will work for you on a contingency fee basis, which means they will not require any legal fees up front, but will only be paid once you win.
Contact Pendleton Law Today
Our firm knows how to successfully handle an Uber or rideshare accident case. We will help navigate you through the complex insurance claims process and ensure you get the full compensation you deserve. Call us today at (804) 250-5050 and schedule a free consultation, or reach us online through our request form.