If your accident in Wytheville, VA, resulted in spinal cord injuries, lawyers at the Pendleton Law Team may be able to assist you in seeking compensation. Catastrophic injuries like spinal cord trauma can lead to financial hardships, emotional instability, and impacts on your relationships. It’s critical to speak to someone like a spinal cord injury lawyer serving Wytheville victims so that regulations that relate to your jurisdiction won’t be overlooked but used to your advantage.
You deserve a compassionate but tenacious Wytheville personal injury lawyer who will protect your rights, assess your claim thoroughly, and offer you the best legal solutions to benefit you. Our team of “Heavy Hitters®” will fight tirelessly to recoup medical care costs, lost wages, emotional damage, and more. In a free, no-risk consultation or from the information below, learn how we can help you!
The Secret to Winning a Spinal Cord Injury Lawsuit
If you speak to the insurance company immediately after your catastrophic injury, you may have already jeopardized maximizing the amount of your spinal cord injury settlement. Insurers don’t exist to make the lives of injury victims easier; their role is to protect their policyholders, please the shareholders, and save the company money as much as possible.
It is standard for them to contact injury victims using empathy, but to increase your chances of winning your spinal cord injury lawsuit, implement the following actions:
- Document everything. This includes taking photos or video footage of the scene where your injury occurred, getting the contact information of witnesses and the at-fault party, and filing an official accident report with the property owner or the police for record purposes.
- Get immediate medical attention. Going to the doctor may have to be your first priority, depending on the severity of your injury. Spinal cord trauma can range from mild tingling or numbness to severe pain or paralysis. No matter what end of the spectrum your injury is on, seek medical treatment right away.
- Decline to speak to insurers before seeking legal counsel. The importance of speaking with a personal injury lawyer that specializes in Wytheville spinal cord trauma cases will be your greatest weapon of defense against low, delayed, or rejected settlement offers.
An experienced spine injury attorney will evaluate your case with leading experts to uncover additional settlement factors and defend your interests to the fullest extent.
For a Free Legal Consultation
Call The Personal Injury Lawyer Hotline.
Selecting a Personal Injury Attorney for Your Spinal Cord Injury Case
After an accident, the last thing that anyone wants to do is postpone treatment to fight for fair compensation. In Wytheville, the best spinal cord injury lawyers will possess the following traits and more:
- Satisfied client reviews
- Has a proven record of successful cases similar to yours
- Skilled litigator in court
- Accomplished legal background
- Fits your budget
Remember, there are no wrong questions to ask your attorney. Most personal injury law firms operate on a contingency-fee basis, but others may require a retainer and bill hourly. Finding the spinal cord injury lawyer in Wytheville that best suits your needs will impact your case greatly.
Let the Heavy Hitters® Take On Your Case 804-250-5050
Calculating the Sum of Your Spinal Cord Injury Settlement
If you come across a spinal cord trauma attorney who promises to win you a certain amount before assessing the details of your injury case, keep looking. While different states and jurisdictions have things like award caps, there is no general scale that quantifies how much you can win for a spinal cord injury.
Instead, our team of trusted lawyers advises that the following factors may be included in your spinal injury settlement:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income
- Medical expenses
- Punitive damages (on a case by case basis)
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Diminished quality of life
- Permanent disfigurement/ paralysis
There are many other factors that determine the amount of your reward, such as your health status prior to the accident, if you shared fault for the injury, and the insurance coverage of the negligent party. If you incur additional accident-related charges not listed above, be sure to save your receipts and submit them to your attorney.
Central Virginia's Top Rated Personal
Injury Lawyers 804-250-5050
Get Guided Legal Help from a Local Spinal Cord Injury Attorney Today
Getting the legal assistance you require should not be a challenging process in order to maximize your spinal cord injury settlement. After experiencing a local Wytheville spinal cord injury accident, lawyers from our firm can help you with every step of the procedure, including submitting your claim, negotiating with insurance providers, and, if required, advocating for you in court.
You can be sure that your case will be handled with the utmost care and precision by hiring the services of a lawyer knowledgeable in this area of the law. The Pendleton Law Team is pleased to have a demonstrated history of winning spinal cord injury claims in Wytheville and throughout the state of Virginia. For a free consultation, please contact us today.
The Pendleton Law Team Is Here For You 804-250-5050